Comet country gig guide - Feb 1 - Feb 11
Thursday February 1 * Gekko – The Arena Tavern, Letchworth GC. * Texas Gun – Postels Club, Stevenage. * Drymouth – The Red Lion, Stevenage. * Maxwell s Hammer and Smith – The Red Lion, Biggleswade. Friday February 2 * Head Honcho – The Sailor, Hitchin,
Thursday February 1
* Gekko - The Arena Tavern, Letchworth GC.
* Texas Gun - Postels Club, Stevenage.
* Drymouth - The Red Lion, Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
* Maxwell's Hammer and Smith - The Red Lion, Biggleswade.
Friday February 2
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 7 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
* Head Honcho - The Sailor, Hitchin, 8pm.
* Cellardoor, Carnaby House, Jimbo - The Phoenix, Hitchin, £3.
* Escape 1942, Thoughts Collide, From the Sky, The Lies and How We Told Them, Aparatec - Club 85, Hitchin, £4.50, 7.45pm.
* Light Alloy - The Station, Knebworth.
* The Donkeys - The Fold, Stevenage.
* Texas Flyers - The Red Lion, Stevenage.
* Whiskey Chaser - The Three Tuns, Ashwell.
Saturday February 3
* Cheesy and The Helmets - The Red Lion, Biggleswade.
* Dr Reelgood - The Fold, Stevenage.
* Rhythms of the World Benefit Gig - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45-12pm, £5 minimum donation.
* Dave Kaye - Postels Club, Stevenage.
* Wotever - The Wilbury, Letchworth GC, 9.15.
* Ebony Towers - The Red Lion, Stevenage.
* The Coalhouse Blues - The Squirrel, Stevenage.
* Mark Edwards - The Four Emblems, Letchworth GC.
Sunday February 4
* Eclectic Mix presents The Stubbs, Flex Cabana, Spliff - Club 85, 7-10pm, £3.
* Hitchin Folk Club presents Swarbs Lazarus - The Sun Hotel, Hitchin, doors open at 7.30pm.
* Canary Wolf - The Red Lion, Stevenage
Tuesday February 6
* Livestock, Vivian Von Ghoul and The Zombie Wreckers - The Green Room, Welwyn GC, 7.30pm, £4.
* Open mic night - The Bushel and Strike, Ashwell.
* Charlotte Collingwood - The Well, Hitchin.
Wednesday February 7
* Dive Dive - The Loft, Cambridge.
* Juggling, music, games + beers and bottles - Club 85, Hitchin, 7-11pm, Free.
Thursday February 8
* Acoustic jam and open mic night - The Fold, Stevenage
* Stateside Duo - Postels Club, Stevenage.
* Shady Deal - The Red Lion, Stevenage.
* Fruition - The Area Tavern, Letchworth GC.
Friday February 9
* Bloodline presents Inner Rage, Obiat, Latitudes - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45-12pm.
* The Pistols - The Red Lion, Stevenage.
Saturday February 10
* Chocolate Fireguard - The Fold, Stevenage.
* Hardcore - The Red Lion, Stevenage.
* Get There Gigs presents an all ages gig featuring Encyclopedia, Exit Avenue and Freefall Felix - Club 85, Hitchin, 2-5pm.
* Family Shows presents Joe Lally and Zu - Club 85, Hitchin, 7.45-12pm, £8.
* 2AM - Stevenage Postels Club, Stevenage.
* Connie Lush is Bluesshouter - Walkern Sports Club, Walkern.
* Lost Boys - The Squirrel, Stevenage.
* Gekko - The Coach and Horses, Stevenage.
* Big Band Dance with The George Thorby Big Band and John Brennan - The Spirella Ballroom, Letchworth GC, 7.30pm.
Sunday February 11
* Club 85 New Band Night - Club 85, Hitchin, 7pm-10pm, £3.
* Hitchin Folk Club presents John Renbourn - The Sun, Hitchin, doors open at 7.30pm.