Comedians preview Edinburgh Festival material in Hitchin
WITH Edinburgh Festival less than two months away, a monthly comedy club will feature two preview acts next week.
Both James Acaster and Tom Goodliffe will return to The Croft in Hitchin next Thursday, June 21, for the latest installment of Mostly Comedy.
Acaster last appeared at the club almost exactly a year ago, previewing his previous Edinburgh offering Amongst Other Things. The show went on to tour the UK with wide critical acclaim, the Evening Standard describing it as ‘deliciously whimsical, deliciously daft’.
This time around the comedian, who recently appeared on BBC3’s Russell Howard’s Good News and E4’s Show and Tell, will be previewing Prompt.
Joining him will be Tom Goodliffe, who grew up in Letchworth GC. He presented his first solo hour in Edinburgh last year with The Skinny describing him as ‘a blast of optimism’ and The Fest as ‘wickedly insightful and instantly likeable; one to watch in 2011’.
He is a firm favourite with Mostly Comedy audiences in both Hitchin and Edinburgh, and will be hoping to add to that reputation when hosting his second full hour of stand-up, All in Good Time.
The evening at the venue in Bancroft is hosted and run by the comic duo Doggett and Ephgrave.
- 1 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 2 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 3 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 10 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
Doors open at 8.15pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9pm. Tickets are �6 and can be booked in advance via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk