Comedians preview Edinburgh Festival material in Hitchin
WITH Edinburgh Festival less than two months away, a monthly comedy club will feature two preview acts next week.
Both James Acaster and Tom Goodliffe will return to The Croft in Hitchin next Thursday, June 21, for the latest installment of Mostly Comedy.
Acaster last appeared at the club almost exactly a year ago, previewing his previous Edinburgh offering Amongst Other Things. The show went on to tour the UK with wide critical acclaim, the Evening Standard describing it as ‘deliciously whimsical, deliciously daft’.
This time around the comedian, who recently appeared on BBC3’s Russell Howard’s Good News and E4’s Show and Tell, will be previewing Prompt.
Joining him will be Tom Goodliffe, who grew up in Letchworth GC. He presented his first solo hour in Edinburgh last year with The Skinny describing him as ‘a blast of optimism’ and The Fest as ‘wickedly insightful and instantly likeable; one to watch in 2011’.
You may also want to watch:
He is a firm favourite with Mostly Comedy audiences in both Hitchin and Edinburgh, and will be hoping to add to that reputation when hosting his second full hour of stand-up, All in Good Time.
The evening at the venue in Bancroft is hosted and run by the comic duo Doggett and Ephgrave.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
Doors open at 8.15pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9pm. Tickets are �6 and can be booked in advance via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk