Come and feel our Fever say the happiest people in Letchworth after choir concert success
- Credit: Archant
Everything clicked into place when the hottest show in town sparked into life.
The team at City Chorus pulled off a couple of barnstorming Night Fever concerts at Letchworth Free Church in Norton Way South.
Despite many of the choir being amateur singers, there were some belting toe-tapping showtunes such as Chicago’s All That Jazz, Summertime from Porgy and Bess, songs from Little Shop of Horrors and, of course, Night Fever.
There were was also a medley of songs from Les Miserables, much to the audience’s delight.
Jo Johnson of City Chorus said: “It is well known that singing makes you happy and City Chorus are the happiest people in Letchworth.
“This choir sings without music or words, so their ability to follow every bit of musical direction from Tony Ridgeway Cole is unparalleled.
“There was a perfectly executed rendition of Where is Love? from Oliver! which had some audience members in tears with its haunting, and sometimes soaring, melodies and harmonies.”
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
If you would like to get involved with the community choir please email email@example.com.