Come and feel our Fever say the happiest people in Letchworth after choir concert success
- Credit: Archant
Everything clicked into place when the hottest show in town sparked into life.
The team at City Chorus pulled off a couple of barnstorming Night Fever concerts at Letchworth Free Church in Norton Way South.
Despite many of the choir being amateur singers, there were some belting toe-tapping showtunes such as Chicago’s All That Jazz, Summertime from Porgy and Bess, songs from Little Shop of Horrors and, of course, Night Fever.
There were was also a medley of songs from Les Miserables, much to the audience’s delight.
Jo Johnson of City Chorus said: “It is well known that singing makes you happy and City Chorus are the happiest people in Letchworth.
“This choir sings without music or words, so their ability to follow every bit of musical direction from Tony Ridgeway Cole is unparalleled.
“There was a perfectly executed rendition of Where is Love? from Oliver! which had some audience members in tears with its haunting, and sometimes soaring, melodies and harmonies.”
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 6 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 9 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
If you would like to get involved with the community choir please email email@example.com.