Codicote piano virtuoso Alan stays close to home with Monday afternoon concert at Hitchin’s Benslow Music
- Credit: Archant
Pianist Alan Dorn won’t have far to go when he plays an afternoon concert in Hitchin on Monday - he only lives just down the road in Codicote.
Alan will be performing in the Peter Morrison Hall at Benslow Music in Benslow Lane from 3pm as part of the music education base’s regular series of Monday recitals.
The Friends of Benslow Music Trust series runs on the second Monday of each month.
Alan’s programme has a clear theme running through it and includes JS Bach’s Italian Concerto, Liszt’s Petrarch Sonnet 104 from Années de Pèlerinage II: Italie, three short sonatas by Scarlatti and Chopin’s Barcarolle - a Venetian gondolier’s song.
Alan, who studied at Cambridge and is a fellow of the Royal Schools of Music, has a senior civil service role but also continues his keyboard studies with leading teacher Dorian Leljak.
You may also want to watch:
This is his second appearance at Benslow, following a successful debut last year with a programme that included Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition.
Tickets for the recital cost £8 which includes tea and cakes.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win