Codicote piano virtuoso Alan stays close to home with Monday afternoon concert at Hitchin’s Benslow Music
- Credit: Archant
Pianist Alan Dorn won’t have far to go when he plays an afternoon concert in Hitchin on Monday - he only lives just down the road in Codicote.
Alan will be performing in the Peter Morrison Hall at Benslow Music in Benslow Lane from 3pm as part of the music education base’s regular series of Monday recitals.
The Friends of Benslow Music Trust series runs on the second Monday of each month.
Alan’s programme has a clear theme running through it and includes JS Bach’s Italian Concerto, Liszt’s Petrarch Sonnet 104 from Années de Pèlerinage II: Italie, three short sonatas by Scarlatti and Chopin’s Barcarolle - a Venetian gondolier’s song.
Alan, who studied at Cambridge and is a fellow of the Royal Schools of Music, has a senior civil service role but also continues his keyboard studies with leading teacher Dorian Leljak.
You may also want to watch:
This is his second appearance at Benslow, following a successful debut last year with a programme that included Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition.
Tickets for the recital cost £8 which includes tea and cakes.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker