Club’s summer with the City
This Saturday, Hitchin s Club 85 hosts what is possibly its best line-up since the turn of the year, with Grant presenting Fell City Girl, Boom in the Diamond Industry and Cool Ethan. Oxford s Fell City Girl arrive at Club 85 with a pretty big reputation
This Saturday, Hitchin's Club 85 hosts what is possibly its best line-up since the turn of the year, with Grant presenting Fell City Girl, Boom in the Diamond Industry and Cool Ethan.
Oxford's Fell City Girl arrive at Club 85 with a pretty big reputation and a pretty impressive track record. They partied on stage at both Reading and Leeds Festivals last year and they were also supporting the Zutons just as the Zs were hitting the big time.
Their reputation is justified because they have four geared-up guys playing some very tight songs, including Weaker Light and Swim.
Alongside the City are Letchworth GC's own crowd-pleasers Boom in the Diamond Industry.
BITDI have written a number of infectious corkers influenced by the likes of David Bowie, Elvis Costello and Gang of Four, and their set list would feel perfectly at home headlining Monday night on Lamacq Live.
From the hypnotic The Gift, which I would have given my right arm to have written, to the raging White City, they haven't made a questionable song yet.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 9 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
This gig could be their final warm-up before they take part in this year's Rhythms of The World next month.
Last, but by no means least, we have five piece Cool Ethan who can certainly hold their own with both Fell City Girl and BITDI. Ethan's noisy temperament and unpredictable performances will add a bit extra to the night.
I caught up with Boom in the Diamond Industry's guitarist Mark Paton for a quick word.
He said: "Cool Ethan are great, we played with them a couple of months ago, great blokes, great band. Haven't heard of Fell City Girl before, but looking forward to seeing them though - heard good things."
Tickets for the Club 85 evening are £5.
For more info on the bands, pictures and to listen to songs, visit www.fellcitygirl.co.uk www.thediamondindustry.co.uk and www.coolethan.co.uk