Club’s summer with the City
This Saturday, Hitchin s Club 85 hosts what is possibly its best line-up since the turn of the year, with Grant presenting Fell City Girl, Boom in the Diamond Industry and Cool Ethan. Oxford s Fell City Girl arrive at Club 85 with a pretty big reputation
This Saturday, Hitchin's Club 85 hosts what is possibly its best line-up since the turn of the year, with Grant presenting Fell City Girl, Boom in the Diamond Industry and Cool Ethan.
Oxford's Fell City Girl arrive at Club 85 with a pretty big reputation and a pretty impressive track record. They partied on stage at both Reading and Leeds Festivals last year and they were also supporting the Zutons just as the Zs were hitting the big time.
Their reputation is justified because they have four geared-up guys playing some very tight songs, including Weaker Light and Swim.
Alongside the City are Letchworth GC's own crowd-pleasers Boom in the Diamond Industry.
You may also want to watch:
BITDI have written a number of infectious corkers influenced by the likes of David Bowie, Elvis Costello and Gang of Four, and their set list would feel perfectly at home headlining Monday night on Lamacq Live.
From the hypnotic The Gift, which I would have given my right arm to have written, to the raging White City, they haven't made a questionable song yet.
- 1 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 2 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 3 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 4 Huge maturity from Stevenage's on-loan Chelsea man Jamie Cumming as he deals with 'the life of a keeper'
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 7 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 8 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
This gig could be their final warm-up before they take part in this year's Rhythms of The World next month.
Last, but by no means least, we have five piece Cool Ethan who can certainly hold their own with both Fell City Girl and BITDI. Ethan's noisy temperament and unpredictable performances will add a bit extra to the night.
I caught up with Boom in the Diamond Industry's guitarist Mark Paton for a quick word.
He said: "Cool Ethan are great, we played with them a couple of months ago, great blokes, great band. Haven't heard of Fell City Girl before, but looking forward to seeing them though - heard good things."
Tickets for the Club 85 evening are £5.
For more info on the bands, pictures and to listen to songs, visit www.fellcitygirl.co.uk www.thediamondindustry.co.uk and www.coolethan.co.uk