Classical stars head to Hitchin with promise of virtuosic show
- Credit: Archant
A world-class violinist and pianist will be swapping London’s South Bank for a more intimate venue in Hitchin next week.
Violinist Sebastian Müller and pianist Jakob Fichert have performed in some of the world’s most exciting venues – including the Royal Festival Hall and Wigmore Hall in the capital – but will be paying a visit to Hitchin’s Peter Morrison Hall at Benslow Music at 8pm on Monday.
The pair will be playing a programme which includes Debussy’s Sonata, L140, Liszt’s Transcendental Study ‘Harmonies du Soir’, and Franck’s A major Sonata FWV8.
Vicky Carlton from Benslow Music said: “You can be guaranteed an evening of highly stimulating and, indeed, virtuosic performances.”
Standard tickets are £12, while under 25s and carers accompanying a disabled ticket holder go free. A ticket including a two-course pre-concert dinner is £30.
Call 01462 459446 or visit www.benslowmusic.org to book.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin