Classical stars head to Hitchin with promise of virtuosic show
- Credit: Archant
A world-class violinist and pianist will be swapping London’s South Bank for a more intimate venue in Hitchin next week.
Violinist Sebastian Müller and pianist Jakob Fichert have performed in some of the world’s most exciting venues – including the Royal Festival Hall and Wigmore Hall in the capital – but will be paying a visit to Hitchin’s Peter Morrison Hall at Benslow Music at 8pm on Monday.
The pair will be playing a programme which includes Debussy’s Sonata, L140, Liszt’s Transcendental Study ‘Harmonies du Soir’, and Franck’s A major Sonata FWV8.
Vicky Carlton from Benslow Music said: “You can be guaranteed an evening of highly stimulating and, indeed, virtuosic performances.”
Standard tickets are £12, while under 25s and carers accompanying a disabled ticket holder go free. A ticket including a two-course pre-concert dinner is £30.
You may also want to watch:
Call 01462 459446 or visit www.benslowmusic.org to book.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 8 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 9 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 10 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations