Classic rock ’n’ roll from the 50s, 60s and 70s
# PREPARE for an evening of rock n roll as The Gordon Craig Theatre presents That ll Be the Day – a musical performance of over 80 classic hits from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Wacky comedy routines combined with good old fashioned rock n roll music promise
# PREPARE for an evening of rock 'n' roll as The Gordon Craig Theatre presents That'll Be the Day - a musical performance of over 80 classic hits from the 50s, 60s and 70s.
Wacky comedy routines combined with good old fashioned rock 'n' roll music promise to provide a show with a real feel-good party atmosphere.
Songs in the performance include Rockin' All Over the World, Help, I Close My Eyes, Mamma Mia, and Spirit In The Sky.
The show runs until October 14 and performances start at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets - at £18.50 - call the box office on 08700 131 030 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk
# THE Stevenage Lytton Players will be performing My Fair Lady at The Gordon Craig Theatre.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
The well-known story of a dirty cockney flower seller who is turned into a beautifully refined young lady, as the result of a bet between friends, is the favourite musical of many.
See it performed by the Lytton Players at The Lytton Theatre, Vardon Road, Pin Green, Stevenage, from October 18 to October 21 at 7.45pm.
For tickets - at £13 and £10 for concessions - call the box office on 08700 131 030 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk
# SELECTIONS from the Gilbert and Sullivan operettas will be performed at All Saints' Parish Church in St Paul's Walden.
The charity concert, performed by the Wandering Minstrels, will be attended by Stevenage mayor Simon Speller and all money raised donated to Sue Ryder Care in Stagenhoe.
The money will go towards a special chair for use by a resident with Huntington's disease, which costs around £2,000.
The concert will be held on October 16 at 7.30pm. Tickets, at £10 each, include refreshments and entry into the raffle.
For more information about Sue Ryder Care or the concert, call David Bundy on 01438 871427 or visit www.suerdyercare.org/stagenhoe
# BIGGLESWADE and District Art Society are holding an art exhibition with more than 200 original works on display. The exhibition takes place from 10am to 4pm on October 14 and October 15 at Northill village hall.
Entry is free and refreshments will be on sale.