Classical concert brings iconic Ibiza tunes to Knebworth Park
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of revellers danced to Ibiza anthems at Knebworth House.
The Hertfordshire stately home hosted Classic Ibiza, in association with Ministry of Sound, on Saturday night.
Classic Ibiza saw the Urban Soul Orchestra (USO) and DJ Goldierocks perform some of the biggest dance tracks from the last 20 years in Knebworth Park.
The Knebworth concert started with a chill-out set and, as the sun went down, the vocalists and USO’s dynamic musicians ramped things up as the evening broke into festive-club mode with accompanying lasers.
USO conductor Stephen Hussey said: “What an evening!
You may also want to watch:
“For a musician there is no better experience than playing some of your favourite tracks to a live audience of thousands that were seriously into the music and clearly getting off on the vibe.
“The energy that the crowd gave us took our performance to another level.”
- 1 Plans for new block of flats on Matalan site gets green light
- 2 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 3 'Please just give us the COVID-19 vaccine,' pleads headteacher as schools reopen
- 4 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 5 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 6 Body found in search for missing woman
- 7 International Women's Day: A homage to those who have inspired us this year
- 8 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 9 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found
DJ Sam Hall, aka Goldierocks, posted on Instagram: “Another cracking @classic_ibiza show tonight with my @urbansoulorch fam & teaming up with @ministryofsoundofficial too Thank you Knebworth!”
Urban Soul Orchestra is a contemporary and versatile string ensemble with a unique twist, incorporating percussion, bass, DJ and vocals.
Founded by violinist, conductor, orchestrator and arranger Stephen Hussey, the USO has worked alongside a veritable who’s who in the dance music industry, including D-Influence, Full Intention, Groove Armada, M People, Nightmares On Wax, Octave One, Robert Miles, Spiller, Sonique, Soul II Soul and Ultra Naté.
The Classic Ibiza concert was followed on Sunday by the rain-lashed Great British Prom.
Lisa Ward, director of Revival Productions, the company behind the concerts, said: “We had two amazing nights at Knebworth – thank you to everyone that came, especially those that braved the delightful weather on Sunday!”
Knebworth House’s Martha Lytton Cobbold, managing director of Lytton Enterprises, said: “What a joy and treat it was for the thousands who came and enjoyed the stunning and magical shows of Classic Ibiza and the Proms this weekend at Knebworth Park.
“Revival Productions put on an amazing combination of orchestral music, artistic talent with soaring voices and extraordinary DJ mixing, lights and fireworks which left the audience wanting more, even with the less-than-perfect weather Sunday night.
“It was quite a sight to see so many dancing in unison on Saturday to the Ibiza tunes, and under their brollies and singing along with gusto at the Proms.”
• Classic Ibiza and The Great British Prom will be visiting Bolesworth Castle in Cheshire on September 1 and September 2.