Classic concerts and works of art
# AWARD-winning classical musicians will be performing in Letchworth next week. Oboe player Thomas Barber and pianist James Southall, who both won the Countess Munster Musical Trust competition, will perform works by Schumann, Mozart and Poulenc. The conc
# AWARD-winning classical musicians will be performing in Letchworth next week.
Oboe player Thomas Barber and pianist James Southall, who both won the Countess Munster Musical Trust competition, will perform works by Schumann, Mozart and Poulenc.
The concert will take place at Letchworth Music Club, Howgills, South View, Letchworth, on Wednesday, November 8, at 7.45pm.
Tickets are £9 and are available from Veronica Brodie on 01462 674084.
You may also want to watch:
# THE Alberni String Quartet will be playing works by Beethoven, Haydn and Walton at Benslow Music Trust in Hitchin.
The concert takes place this Saturday, November 4, at 8pm.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
Tickets are £11, £8 for concessions and entry is free for students when tickets are booked in advance.
Tickets are available on the door or by calling: 01462 459446.
# HITCHIN Art Club will be displaying some of their work at the town's museum and art gallery from this Saturday, November 4, to December 9.
Admission is free and Hitchin Museum, off Paynes Park, is open daily from 10am to 5pm except Wednesdays, Sundays and bank holidays.
For more information, call 01462 434476 or visit www.north-herts.gov.uk