Classic ballet tells tale of love and betrayal
THE world–renowned Moscow Ballet La Classique will demonstrate their quality of dance in a dramatic production of Swan Lake. Prince Siegfried is celebrating his 21st birthday when his mother tells him he must select his bride from the ladies in waiting at
THE world-renowned Moscow Ballet La Classique will demonstrate their quality of dance in a dramatic production of Swan Lake.
Prince Siegfried is celebrating his 21st birthday when his mother tells him he must select his bride from the ladies in waiting at a ball the following day.
Alone by a lake, he sees Odette, queen of the swans, who is both swan and woman because of a spell cast by an evil sorcerer. She can only be saved by true love.
Siegfried, in love at first sight, swears his undying love and promises to marry her and never love another, but the wicked magician disguises his own daughter, Odile, as Odette and tricks him. Siegfried asks for Odile's hand in marriage and swears an oath of fidelity to her.
When the prince realises his mistake, he is heartbroken and returns to the lakeside to beg Odette's forgiveness and declare his infinite love for her. Against all odds, the power of true love eventually overcomes the evil spell. Odette is restored to human form and she and Siegfried are united in eternal happiness.
This ultimate fairy tale ballet is appearing at The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre at 7.45pm on March 21 and 22. There will also be a matinee performance at 2.30pm on March 22.
- 1 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 2 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 3 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 7 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 8 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Taste buds at the ready! Letchworth's Food and Drink Festival is back
Tickets start from £17 for the evening performances and are £16 for the matinee performance. Call the box office on 08700 131 030 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk