Choirs combine for summer evenings
WHEN St Mary s Singers from Potton, present their summer concert on July 14 and 15 they will be joined by a school choir from Gamlingay Village College for the first time. Some of the music will be performed by each choir but some items will be a joint p
WHEN St Mary's Singers from Potton, present their summer concert on July 14 and 15 they will be joined by a school choir from Gamlingay Village College for the first time.
Some of the music will be performed by each choir but some items will be a joint presentation. This all stems from the Singers' spring concert earlier this year when four young ladies from the school performed with them in St Mary's Church. It was decided then to do a full show with the school choir and the Summer Concert seemed to be a good time to do it.
The show is called Musicals for a Summer Evening and will include medleys from The Lion King, The King and I, South Pacific and Guys and Dolls. Also on the programme is the abridged version of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. Douglas Coombes from St Mary's Singers and Yvonne Gray from Gamlingay Village College are the joint conductors.
The two performances will be at Gamlingay Village College, starting at 7.30pm both evenings.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £5 (under 14s free) and are available from G Tysoe and Son, Market Square, Potton; Gamlingay Village College office on 01767 650360, or from the box office on 01767 260800. There will be a licensed bar.
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 8 New woodland 'vital for wildlife and people' in Letchworth
- 9 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 10 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards