Chicken Little (U)
CHICKEN Little was supposed to be the dawn of a new era for Disney. Having decided to scrap their old style two-dimensional animation this was the first entirely computer-generated three-dimensional animation from the grand old studio. They had previousl
CHICKEN Little was supposed to be the dawn of a new era for Disney.
Having decided to scrap their old style two-dimensional animation this was the first entirely computer-generated three-dimensional animation from the grand old studio. They had previously worked with and distributed movies from Pixar, such as the Toy Story films, but Chicken Little was an entirely in-house Disney product.
It looks pretty good and technically Chicken Little is well up to scratch - the trouble is with all that technology to concentrate on they've forgotten to get a good story.
It is loosely based on the old fable of the chicken who spreads panic when he claims the sky is falling down and eventually morphs into a kind of War of the Worlds for kids but the tone is not right.
You may also want to watch:
It's set in a small town America where all the inhabitants are anthropomorphised animals.
Chicken Little is a runty outsider at school who hangs out with other outsiders - the Ugly Duckling and the like. Chicken Little becomes an outcast and the butt of ridicule after the first sky falling down incident and nobody believes him when the aliens arrive so it's down to him and his friends to save everybody.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 10 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
There are plenty of decent voice actors involved, with Zach Braff as Chicken Little and the likes of Joan Cusack chipping in, but the characters are weak.
Compared to the likes of Shrek or The Incredibles, Chicken Little is a big let down.