Cheryl’s circle sounds like place for women to find their voice in Hitchin and Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Asinging coach from Henlow who is spreading her net into North Herts says the success of introductory ‘circle’ sessions in Hitchin and Letchworth means that more dates are on the way – and she’s setting her sights on Baldock, too.
Cheryl Smale has already established the Heartsounds Women’s Singing Circle set-up in Clophill, and wants to bring the benefits to a wider audience.
Two more evening sessions have now been confirmed – the first is at the Harmony holistic therapy centre in Hitchin’s Bancroft on Friday, March 11 (7pm to 9pm, £12) with another following at The Crafty Vegetarian in The Wynd, Letchworth (Thursday, March 17, 7.30pm to 9.30pm, £12)
Cheryl said: “We welcome all women, especially those who believe they can’t sing.
“The ethos of Heartsounds is one of coming together in small groups of under 20 just because we love to sing.
“Our purpose is to create a space for women to come and explore their voice by singing easy to learn rounds and harmonies from around the world, from places like Africa, America, Europe and different parts of Britain.
“Through creating a safe space for women to bring their voice, many find that they can overcome damaging beliefs about how they sound. Many of us were told as children that we could not sing and these beliefs stay with us, inhibiting the natural desire to express ourselves through song.
- 1 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 2 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 3 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
- 4 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 5 Protesters 'selfish' as grandad struggles to attend life-saving care
- 6 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- 8 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 9 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 10 Application submitted for multi-purpose events space on former bus station
“These circles are born out of a recognition that our culture lacks a caring hand for self expression through music, there are few places where you can go and release non-competitively.
“I’m getting lots of interest. I would also like to look at launching in Baldock in the near future, and I am keen to run mixed and men only sessions, too.”
To find out more about what’s on offer, email email@example.com or call 07540 239887.