Charlotte’s spider story is key to Easter production at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Cast and crew are cracking on with their preparations for the in-house Easter show at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre.
The musical Charlotte’s Web is based on the original novel by E.B. White, which also inspired a hit Disney animation in the 1970s and a further film version starring Julia Roberts and Dakota Fanning in 2006.
In this new production Cameron Leigh, who has performed in a string of West End shows including Joseph And His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Chicago, takes the title role as the wise spider who weaves a wondrous web with Will Brechin as her sidekick, Wilbur the pig.
Also in the cast is Harriet Payne as Fern, the little girl who tries to save Wilbur from being slaughtered with the help of the messages Charlotte weaves in her web.
There are only 10 performances in the run which begins on Wednesday, April 15 and ends on Sunday, April 19.
You may also want to watch:
Standard tickets are £16.50, under 12s pay £14.50 and family tickets are available for £56.
Group and school party rates are on offer, too – call the box office on 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers