Charlotte’s spider story is key to Easter production at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Cast and crew are cracking on with their preparations for the in-house Easter show at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre.
The musical Charlotte’s Web is based on the original novel by E.B. White, which also inspired a hit Disney animation in the 1970s and a further film version starring Julia Roberts and Dakota Fanning in 2006.
In this new production Cameron Leigh, who has performed in a string of West End shows including Joseph And His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Chicago, takes the title role as the wise spider who weaves a wondrous web with Will Brechin as her sidekick, Wilbur the pig.
Also in the cast is Harriet Payne as Fern, the little girl who tries to save Wilbur from being slaughtered with the help of the messages Charlotte weaves in her web.
There are only 10 performances in the run which begins on Wednesday, April 15 and ends on Sunday, April 19.
You may also want to watch:
Standard tickets are £16.50, under 12s pay £14.50 and family tickets are available for £56.
Group and school party rates are on offer, too – call the box office on 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 9 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays