Charlotte’s spider story is key to Easter production at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Cast and crew are cracking on with their preparations for the in-house Easter show at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre.
The musical Charlotte’s Web is based on the original novel by E.B. White, which also inspired a hit Disney animation in the 1970s and a further film version starring Julia Roberts and Dakota Fanning in 2006.
In this new production Cameron Leigh, who has performed in a string of West End shows including Joseph And His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Chicago, takes the title role as the wise spider who weaves a wondrous web with Will Brechin as her sidekick, Wilbur the pig.
Also in the cast is Harriet Payne as Fern, the little girl who tries to save Wilbur from being slaughtered with the help of the messages Charlotte weaves in her web.
There are only 10 performances in the run which begins on Wednesday, April 15 and ends on Sunday, April 19.
Standard tickets are £16.50, under 12s pay £14.50 and family tickets are available for £56.
Group and school party rates are on offer, too – call the box office on 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist
- 10 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well