Rock Choir to perform charity concert in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin and Bedford Rock Choirs are performing in Stevenage to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK.
The concert will take place at The Gordon Craig Arts and Leisure Centre on Wednesday, July 10, with a combination of rock, pop and chart singing.
Singer Lizzie Deane, who has sung with artists such as Boy George and Belinda Carlisle, will lead the evening, and the singers will also be accompanied by a live band.
Rock Choir is the UK's largest contemporary choir, with more than 30,000 members nationwide. Singers rehearse once a week and are taught specially-arranged songs, with performances throughout the year to raise funds for charity.
The choir aims to improve singers' self-confidence, enable them to develop their skills and enrich their social life.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 8pm. To book tickets go to gordon-craig.co.uk or call 01438 363200.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?