Rock Choir to perform charity concert in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin and Bedford Rock Choirs are performing in Stevenage to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK.
The concert will take place at The Gordon Craig Arts and Leisure Centre on Wednesday, July 10, with a combination of rock, pop and chart singing.
Singer Lizzie Deane, who has sung with artists such as Boy George and Belinda Carlisle, will lead the evening, and the singers will also be accompanied by a live band.
Rock Choir is the UK's largest contemporary choir, with more than 30,000 members nationwide. Singers rehearse once a week and are taught specially-arranged songs, with performances throughout the year to raise funds for charity.
The choir aims to improve singers' self-confidence, enable them to develop their skills and enrich their social life.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 8pm. To book tickets go to gordon-craig.co.uk or call 01438 363200.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 6 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win