Chantel McGregor plays Walkern Blues
A YOUNG blues-rock guitarist and singer will be swinging into Stevenage to headline a blues club this weekend.
Fresh from Cambridge Rock Festival, The Chantel McGregor Band will be in town to play at Walkern Music’s monthly club this Saturday.
Chantel, still only in her 20s, has played alongside the likes of Joe Bonamassa and Paul Jones and was voted young artist of the year in the British Blues Awards.
Described as a star in the making by The Musician magazine, she combines gorgeous vocals with strong musicianship.
Supported by her band, she will be showcasing her ethereal and dreamy tones at The Times Club, Vardon Road, Stevenage from 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The event will also feature Hitchin-based Sidewinder, in a rare local outing for the band. The blues-rock trio, led by guitarist Dave Gray, are influenced by Robin Trower and Rory Gallagher and are well versed in appearing at the UK’s top blues clubs and festivals.
Tickets for the event cost a tenner, with doors opening at 7.30pm. Email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?