Chantel McGregor plays Walkern Blues
A YOUNG blues-rock guitarist and singer will be swinging into Stevenage to headline a blues club this weekend.
Fresh from Cambridge Rock Festival, The Chantel McGregor Band will be in town to play at Walkern Music’s monthly club this Saturday.
Chantel, still only in her 20s, has played alongside the likes of Joe Bonamassa and Paul Jones and was voted young artist of the year in the British Blues Awards.
Described as a star in the making by The Musician magazine, she combines gorgeous vocals with strong musicianship.
Supported by her band, she will be showcasing her ethereal and dreamy tones at The Times Club, Vardon Road, Stevenage from 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The event will also feature Hitchin-based Sidewinder, in a rare local outing for the band. The blues-rock trio, led by guitarist Dave Gray, are influenced by Robin Trower and Rory Gallagher and are well versed in appearing at the UK’s top blues clubs and festivals.
Tickets for the event cost a tenner, with doors opening at 7.30pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 6 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 9 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found