Chantel McGregor plays Walkern Blues
A YOUNG blues-rock guitarist and singer will be swinging into Stevenage to headline a blues club this weekend.
Fresh from Cambridge Rock Festival, The Chantel McGregor Band will be in town to play at Walkern Music’s monthly club this Saturday.
Chantel, still only in her 20s, has played alongside the likes of Joe Bonamassa and Paul Jones and was voted young artist of the year in the British Blues Awards.
Described as a star in the making by The Musician magazine, she combines gorgeous vocals with strong musicianship.
Supported by her band, she will be showcasing her ethereal and dreamy tones at The Times Club, Vardon Road, Stevenage from 8.30pm.
The event will also feature Hitchin-based Sidewinder, in a rare local outing for the band. The blues-rock trio, led by guitarist Dave Gray, are influenced by Robin Trower and Rory Gallagher and are well versed in appearing at the UK’s top blues clubs and festivals.
Tickets for the event cost a tenner, with doors opening at 7.30pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?