THEY RE saxy, sassy and smart according to NME, are about to go off to Europe to support the Kaiser Chiefs and will be available for your viewing pleasure in Welwyn Garden City this month. They are the Chalets, the best thing to come from Ireland since
THEY'RE "saxy, sassy and smart" according to NME, are about to go off to Europe to support the Kaiser Chiefs and will be available for your viewing pleasure in Welwyn Garden City this month.
They are the Chalets, "the best thing to come from Ireland since Guinness" according to Artrocker magazine.
The Dublin five-piece have cut their teeth by supporting some of the cream of up and coming British bands picking up numerous admirers along the way.
They have just been nominated in the best band category of the Meteor awards, the Irish equivalent of the Brits, having won the best new band of 2004 in last year's awards.
You may also want to watch:
The date at the Doctor's Tonic on Saturday, February 18 will be the last of their UK tour before they head off to Europe with the Kaisers.
Support comes from The Hot Puppies, The Otters and Model Horror.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
Doors open at 7.30pm, tickets are £6 from City Sounds, WGC (01707 372700) or £7 on the door.