THEY RE saxy, sassy and smart according to NME, are about to go off to Europe to support the Kaiser Chiefs and will be available for your viewing pleasure in Welwyn Garden City this month. They are the Chalets, the best thing to come from Ireland since
THEY'RE "saxy, sassy and smart" according to NME, are about to go off to Europe to support the Kaiser Chiefs and will be available for your viewing pleasure in Welwyn Garden City this month.
They are the Chalets, "the best thing to come from Ireland since Guinness" according to Artrocker magazine.
The Dublin five-piece have cut their teeth by supporting some of the cream of up and coming British bands picking up numerous admirers along the way.
They have just been nominated in the best band category of the Meteor awards, the Irish equivalent of the Brits, having won the best new band of 2004 in last year's awards.
You may also want to watch:
The date at the Doctor's Tonic on Saturday, February 18 will be the last of their UK tour before they head off to Europe with the Kaisers.
Support comes from The Hot Puppies, The Otters and Model Horror.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
Doors open at 7.30pm, tickets are £6 from City Sounds, WGC (01707 372700) or £7 on the door.