THEY RE saxy, sassy and smart according to NME, are about to go off to Europe to support the Kaiser Chiefs and will be available for your viewing pleasure in Welwyn Garden City this month. They are the Chalets, the best thing to come from Ireland since
THEY'RE "saxy, sassy and smart" according to NME, are about to go off to Europe to support the Kaiser Chiefs and will be available for your viewing pleasure in Welwyn Garden City this month.
They are the Chalets, "the best thing to come from Ireland since Guinness" according to Artrocker magazine.
The Dublin five-piece have cut their teeth by supporting some of the cream of up and coming British bands picking up numerous admirers along the way.
They have just been nominated in the best band category of the Meteor awards, the Irish equivalent of the Brits, having won the best new band of 2004 in last year's awards.
The date at the Doctor's Tonic on Saturday, February 18 will be the last of their UK tour before they head off to Europe with the Kaisers.
Support comes from The Hot Puppies, The Otters and Model Horror.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 5 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 8 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 9 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 10 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Doors open at 7.30pm, tickets are £6 from City Sounds, WGC (01707 372700) or £7 on the door.