Ceramics show in Letchworth could help you pot an unusual gift
- Credit: Archant
Your eyes won’t glaze over when you see the range of pottery and ceramics in Letchworth Arts Centre main gallery from Tuesday until December 22, in the annual exhibition of the Dacorum and Chilterns Potters Guild.
The guild brings together talent from Herts and the Chilterns for an exhibition showcasing a wide range of styles and ideas, making it just the place to find that beautiful but unusual Christmas present.
The guild is for anyone with an interest in pottery – from professional potters and students to collectors and fans.
An annual programme of workshops and community events helps to promote awareness of pottery.
Monthly meetings feature well-known potters and ceramic artists giving illustrated talks and demonstrating their skills in an informal atmosphere.
The Centre’s foyer gallery is showcasing a group of local artists known collectively as the Gowan Bank Group.
The artists, who work in a range of styles, are Barbara Heaton, Annette Forbes, Marianne Osmond, Wendy Rose, Sarah Webb and Helen Wicks.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
They meet once a week in a class led by Barbara, who has been painting and exhibiting in the North Herts area for more than 30 years.