Ceramics show in Letchworth could help you pot an unusual gift
- Credit: Archant
Your eyes won’t glaze over when you see the range of pottery and ceramics in Letchworth Arts Centre main gallery from Tuesday until December 22, in the annual exhibition of the Dacorum and Chilterns Potters Guild.
The guild brings together talent from Herts and the Chilterns for an exhibition showcasing a wide range of styles and ideas, making it just the place to find that beautiful but unusual Christmas present.
The guild is for anyone with an interest in pottery – from professional potters and students to collectors and fans.
An annual programme of workshops and community events helps to promote awareness of pottery.
Monthly meetings feature well-known potters and ceramic artists giving illustrated talks and demonstrating their skills in an informal atmosphere.
The Centre’s foyer gallery is showcasing a group of local artists known collectively as the Gowan Bank Group.
The artists, who work in a range of styles, are Barbara Heaton, Annette Forbes, Marianne Osmond, Wendy Rose, Sarah Webb and Helen Wicks.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
They meet once a week in a class led by Barbara, who has been painting and exhibiting in the North Herts area for more than 30 years.