Ceramics show in Letchworth could help you pot an unusual gift
- Credit: Archant
Your eyes won’t glaze over when you see the range of pottery and ceramics in Letchworth Arts Centre main gallery from Tuesday until December 22, in the annual exhibition of the Dacorum and Chilterns Potters Guild.
The guild brings together talent from Herts and the Chilterns for an exhibition showcasing a wide range of styles and ideas, making it just the place to find that beautiful but unusual Christmas present.
The guild is for anyone with an interest in pottery – from professional potters and students to collectors and fans.
An annual programme of workshops and community events helps to promote awareness of pottery.
Monthly meetings feature well-known potters and ceramic artists giving illustrated talks and demonstrating their skills in an informal atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
The Centre’s foyer gallery is showcasing a group of local artists known collectively as the Gowan Bank Group.
The artists, who work in a range of styles, are Barbara Heaton, Annette Forbes, Marianne Osmond, Wendy Rose, Sarah Webb and Helen Wicks.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
They meet once a week in a class led by Barbara, who has been painting and exhibiting in the North Herts area for more than 30 years.