Centre stage for Proms star
THE Philharmonia Orchestra returns to Bedford Corn Exchange next Wednesday, February 22, with the Venezuelan conductor Gustavo Dudamel, aged just 26, taking to the podium. He has made a name for himself after his Proms debut with the Gothenburg Symphony O
THE Philharmonia Orchestra returns to Bedford Corn Exchange next Wednesday, February 22, with the Venezuelan conductor Gustavo Dudamel, aged just 26, taking to the podium.
He has made a name for himself after his Proms debut with the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra.
Included in his programme will be works by Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky and Bernstein.
The show starts at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
* SATURDAY night brings Lee Mack to the Bedford Corn Exchange.
Presenter of They Think It's All Over, Lee has embarked on a national tour this winter and his live performances have seen him nominated for the prestigious Perrier award, win the Time Out Best Live Comedy Award and named 2005's Best Stand-Up at the Loaded LAFTAS Awards.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss
This show contains strong language and material of an adult nature.
The Lee Mack and Support show starts at 8pm at the Civic Theatre in Bedford.
For tickets and more information on events at the Corn Exchange call 01234 269519 or go to www.bedfordcornexchange.co.uk