Centre stage for Proms star
THE Philharmonia Orchestra returns to Bedford Corn Exchange next Wednesday, February 22, with the Venezuelan conductor Gustavo Dudamel, aged just 26, taking to the podium. He has made a name for himself after his Proms debut with the Gothenburg Symphony O
THE Philharmonia Orchestra returns to Bedford Corn Exchange next Wednesday, February 22, with the Venezuelan conductor Gustavo Dudamel, aged just 26, taking to the podium.
He has made a name for himself after his Proms debut with the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra.
Included in his programme will be works by Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky and Bernstein.
The show starts at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
* SATURDAY night brings Lee Mack to the Bedford Corn Exchange.
Presenter of They Think It's All Over, Lee has embarked on a national tour this winter and his live performances have seen him nominated for the prestigious Perrier award, win the Time Out Best Live Comedy Award and named 2005's Best Stand-Up at the Loaded LAFTAS Awards.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 7 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 8 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 9 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 10 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
This show contains strong language and material of an adult nature.
The Lee Mack and Support show starts at 8pm at the Civic Theatre in Bedford.
For tickets and more information on events at the Corn Exchange call 01234 269519 or go to www.bedfordcornexchange.co.uk