Centre stage for Proms star
THE Philharmonia Orchestra returns to Bedford Corn Exchange next Wednesday, February 22, with the Venezuelan conductor Gustavo Dudamel, aged just 26, taking to the podium. He has made a name for himself after his Proms debut with the Gothenburg Symphony O
THE Philharmonia Orchestra returns to Bedford Corn Exchange next Wednesday, February 22, with the Venezuelan conductor Gustavo Dudamel, aged just 26, taking to the podium.
He has made a name for himself after his Proms debut with the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra.
Included in his programme will be works by Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky and Bernstein.
The show starts at 7.30pm.
* SATURDAY night brings Lee Mack to the Bedford Corn Exchange.
Presenter of They Think It's All Over, Lee has embarked on a national tour this winter and his live performances have seen him nominated for the prestigious Perrier award, win the Time Out Best Live Comedy Award and named 2005's Best Stand-Up at the Loaded LAFTAS Awards.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 Madness to headline Standon Calling festival's Thursday line-up of music
This show contains strong language and material of an adult nature.
The Lee Mack and Support show starts at 8pm at the Civic Theatre in Bedford.
For tickets and more information on events at the Corn Exchange call 01234 269519 or go to www.bedfordcornexchange.co.uk