Celebrating a year of metal
In advance of the Bloodline metal club s first anniversary show at Hitchin Club 85, tomorrow (Friday, February 10), Live Circuit caught up with head honcho Mark to hear his assessment of the past twelve months. When we started Bloodline Promotions back
In advance of the Bloodline metal club's first anniversary show at Hitchin Club 85, tomorrow (Friday, February 10), Live Circuit caught up with head honcho Mark to hear his assessment of the past twelve months.
"When we started Bloodline Promotions back in January 2005 our sole aim was to provide quality metal, locally," Mark explained.
"I thought personally that we'd be very lucky if Bloodline would survive into 2006, because at that stage, the number of local metal gigs was decreasing and crowds were getting smaller.
"However, slowly but surely the scene has come back to life, and we've seen some great bands, such as Gutworm, Head On and Descent.
You may also want to watch:
"We'd just like to thank everyone for their support and dedication, just turning up at every gig and having a good time.
"We promise that in 2006 the noise will continue. Keep an eye out for some big bands coming down.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
"We're also hosting a Bloodline stage at Rhythms Of The World this summer, featuring an all local line-up, so come and see what the local scene has to offer.
"Friday's Bloodline show could, I guess, be called our birthday gig!
"The line-up features joint headliners in Londoners Blood Island Raiders and their mates Among The Missing, who have recently released a split CD, and had excellent reviews in the national metal magazines.
"They're not to be missed if you like heavy, groovy, stoner metal with a bit of bite. We're also having two local bands, Crowfoot, who have just finished recording their debut EP, and Scar My Eyes who always bring a good crowd down.
"Steve will be on the DJ booth all night so feel free to bring down your favourite CDs.
"If 2006 is anything like 2005," Mark concluded, "then a very good time will be had by all!"
Doors open at 7.45pm, and entrance is £5.