Celeb chef Matt Tebbutt is part of the recipe for Knebworth food feast
- Credit: Archant
Celebrity chef Matt Tebbutt will be just one of the foodies flocking to Knebworth House next month to get their teeth into the East of England Food Festival.
The feast of food, now in its sixth year, will be open from 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, April 11 and 12.
Organisers say they already have a groaning table full of gorgeous grub booked in for the event, including condiments, artisan cheeses, home cured and fresh meat, dairy products, confectionary, bakery, wine, beer and other drinks ready to serve.
There will also be cookware and other kitchen kit, making it the destination for food lovers from far and wide.
Matt’s name will be on the timetable for the programme of food and cookery demonstrations.
He made his name on the small screen with shows like Food Unwrapped on Channel 4 and the BBC’s Great British Food Revival and Saturday Kitchen, and is also known for his work at the renowned Foxhunter restaurant in Monmouthshire.
Ondine Hartgroves, a star turn from TV’s Masterchef, exciting newcomer Tom Perkins and nutrition expert Katharine Tate will also be offering tips and secrets to everyone from the amateur enthusiast through to the most sophisticated gastronome.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
Organiser Emma Owen of Oakleigh Fairs says: “We are delighted to be returning to Knebworth again – it is such a fantastic setting and with visitor numbers of around 7,500 it is one of the largest food festivals in the region.
“From the many shows we run over the year, it has become increasingly apparent that people are fascinated by food.
“We hope this event is a showcase for anything foodie and is your chance to meet-the-maker.
“And with Matt, Ondine, Tom, Katharine and others on hand throughout the weekend offering demos and tips from the top, this show really can’t be missed.”
Admission is £9.50 with a family ticket for four available at £38.
There are discounts on offer online for early birds at www.oakleighfairs.co.uk/knebworth-food.