CD Review: Scouting For Girls: Everybody Wants To Be On TV
KINGS of indie pop, Scouting for Girls are back with a new album full of infectious and lively tunes.
In 2008, they became the biggest selling new British band of the year. Fronted by boy-next-door heartthrob, Roy Stride, they became renowned for their popular, sing-along pop songs, She’s So Lovely, Heartbeat and Elvis Ain’t Dead. Confident and lively as ever this album is excellent and a sure-fire hit offering plenty of feel good summer tracks.
It opens with This Ain’t A Love Song, a powerful love song and one of my favourites.
Little Miss Naughty, Famous and Posh Girls are definite chart-topping hits.
Very uplifting and uptempo.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 3 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event