Carousel crew getting all set for a musical journey
- Credit: Archant
It’s not even Christmas yet and already thoughts are turning to spring for the Stevenage Lytton Players.
They’ll be staging Rodgers & Hammerstein musical Carousel – best known for evergreen anthem You’ll Never Walk Alone – at the town’s Gordon Craig Theatre next May.
Maxine Holmes takes on directing duties, while Derek Blyth is musical director and Wendy Wartnaby will be overseeing the dancers.
Producers Slava Budin-Jones and Luke Crouch and now getting set for first rehearsal sessions.
Monday, January 19, has been set aside for a general show discussion and music prep, and if you want to be involved in the show you really need to be there.
Closed auditions will follow at the beginning of February with rehearsals beginning in earnest as soon as the roles are cast.
You can find out more about getting involved, or just make sure you reserve your tickets early – the show runs from May 14 to 16 – by visiting the company’s website at www.lyttonplayers.co.uk
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening