Carousel crew getting all set for a musical journey
- Credit: Archant
It’s not even Christmas yet and already thoughts are turning to spring for the Stevenage Lytton Players.
They’ll be staging Rodgers & Hammerstein musical Carousel – best known for evergreen anthem You’ll Never Walk Alone – at the town’s Gordon Craig Theatre next May.
Maxine Holmes takes on directing duties, while Derek Blyth is musical director and Wendy Wartnaby will be overseeing the dancers.
Producers Slava Budin-Jones and Luke Crouch and now getting set for first rehearsal sessions.
Monday, January 19, has been set aside for a general show discussion and music prep, and if you want to be involved in the show you really need to be there.
You may also want to watch:
Closed auditions will follow at the beginning of February with rehearsals beginning in earnest as soon as the roles are cast.
You can find out more about getting involved, or just make sure you reserve your tickets early – the show runs from May 14 to 16 – by visiting the company’s website at www.lyttonplayers.co.uk
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?