Carousel crew getting all set for a musical journey
- Credit: Archant
It’s not even Christmas yet and already thoughts are turning to spring for the Stevenage Lytton Players.
They’ll be staging Rodgers & Hammerstein musical Carousel – best known for evergreen anthem You’ll Never Walk Alone – at the town’s Gordon Craig Theatre next May.
Maxine Holmes takes on directing duties, while Derek Blyth is musical director and Wendy Wartnaby will be overseeing the dancers.
Producers Slava Budin-Jones and Luke Crouch and now getting set for first rehearsal sessions.
Monday, January 19, has been set aside for a general show discussion and music prep, and if you want to be involved in the show you really need to be there.
You may also want to watch:
Closed auditions will follow at the beginning of February with rehearsals beginning in earnest as soon as the roles are cast.
You can find out more about getting involved, or just make sure you reserve your tickets early – the show runs from May 14 to 16 – by visiting the company’s website at www.lyttonplayers.co.uk
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition