Canuck Katherine heads the bill at first Mostly Comedy’s first Hitchin show of 2015
- Credit: Archant
Slender and sassy stand-up Katherine Ryan has become a familiar face on all sorts of TV panel shows over the last year, but she’s still stomping around the circuit and a visit to Hitchin has been inked into her January calendar.
Katherine is the headliner at the first Mostly Comedy night of 2015 at Hitchin’s Market Theatre on Thursday, January 22.
Although she hails from Canada, she’s now rooted in the UK and has added her voice to shows as diverse as Have I Got News For You and Never Mind The Buzzcocks – as well as reaching the final of the Comic Relief ‘celebs shake it up for charity’ contest Let’s Dance.
And she’s also just completed shooting the second series of BBC3 comedy Badults.
Joining Katherine on the bill is another familiar TV face – James Redmond made his name as a model and actor before turning to stand-up, and is best known for his roles in Hollyoaks and Casualty
He has also appeared on Never Mind The Buzzcocks and includes Celebrity Come Dine With Me and Sky One’s Soccer AM on his small screen CV.
The gig is hosted as ever by Doggett and Ephgrave in the studio of the Sun Street venue.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
The bar will be open from 8.30pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9.15pm.
Tickets are £9.50, and are available in advance via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk.