Can you keep this secret? Carnival crew aims to bring samba slice of sunshine to Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A carnival crew aiming to bring a sunshine slice of samba rhythms and more to North Herts next weekend won’t be trusting to luck to make their Friday fiesta a memorable night out.
The Secret Carnival session at Hitchin’s Club 85 on Friday, March 13 will be showcasing The Fontanas, a line-up of top drawer musicians with a list of credits including dates alongside the likes of Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson and Womack & Womack.
They come together to produce a sound that sums up everything that is great about an outdoor stage in summer – but they’ll be performing under cover at the Whinbush Road venue. You can find out more about the band’s credentials online at www.thefontanas.co.uk.
Also on the bill are renowned party band Roadrunner, a feelgood line-up of mates who revel in their love of making music together.
They’ll be pumping out crisp covers of soul, funk, pop and rock classics with numbers made famous by the likes of Ray Charles, Joe Cocker and Stevie Wonder in their playlist.
You may also want to watch:
To keep the South American vibe topped up, DJ Andy Theakstone will be playing an eclectic mix of Brazilian Afro-funk that will make you want to get dancing, even if you forget your carnival whistle and feathered head-dress.
Tickets are £8, available in advance from the Wegottickets website (event 307889) or from Hitchin outlets including Jolly Brown, Farleys, The Hair Shop and Bar 85 and David’s Music in Letchworth.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 7 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 10 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day