Campfire tales and food to match at Letchworth Arts Centre
- Credit: Archant
If you got the taste for storytelling during Baldock’s successful Fireside Festival, which came to an end on Sunday, never fear – there are more chances to tap into tantalising tales on the horizon.
Storytelling and live music come together at Letchworth Arts Centre next Friday, November 28, in a show about being far away from home, with an evening that includes a hot themed buffet.
The Many Apologies of Pecos Bill is the story of two Texans.
First there is Pecos Bill, who falls in love with a cowgirl who rides on the back of a giant catfish.
Raised by coyotes, he uses a rattlesnake as a lasso and grew up to be the greatest cowboy of all time.
Then there is Greg, who once passed out from exhaustion on a three-mile hike.
This is where Bill and Greg meet, merge and swap stories about their very different lives.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Featuring Greg Wohead, with music written and performed by Mat Martin, one critic said: “This is an evening of storytelling that would not feel out of place around a campfire. It’s reminiscent of a poetry reading, a trip to Americana and a Mumford and Sons concert all rolled into one.
“The performance holds its roots and storylines in Texas, but also incorporates a feeling of distance and being very far from home.”
Tickets, including the buffet, are £25 on 01462 670788 or online from www.ticketsource.co.uk/event/60573, and the event starts at 7.30pm.