Call to get in tune with operatic society
IF YOU have ever fancied singing on stage then an opportunity to join one of the oldest operatic societies in the country could be just your thing. Hitchin Thespians are looking for singers aged 16 or over to join its ranks and take part in an upcoming pr
IF YOU have ever fancied singing on stage then an opportunity to join one of the oldest operatic societies in the country could be just your thing.
Hitchin Thespians are looking for singers aged 16 or over to join its ranks and take part in an upcoming production of Joseph Haydn's oratorio Creation.
Rehearsals for the show, which is a musical interpretation of the biblical story about the creation of the Earth and Man, began on Tuesday and the concert itself will be held at St Mary's Church in Hitchin in April, with the help of The Aurelian Orchestra.
The society is over 100 years old and currently has over 400 members and patrons from across North Herts.
Once someone becomes a member they are able to take part in any choral production and can audition for any of the shows the society presents.
The choir meets every Tuesday at 7.45pm in Woodside Hall, Walsworth Road, Hitchin.
- 1 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 2 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 3 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 4 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
- 5 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 6 Protesters 'selfish' as grandad struggles to attend life-saving care
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- 8 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 9 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 10 Application submitted for multi-purpose events space on former bus station
For more information, call 01462 458803 or email email@example.com