Call to get in tune with operatic society
IF YOU have ever fancied singing on stage then an opportunity to join one of the oldest operatic societies in the country could be just your thing. Hitchin Thespians are looking for singers aged 16 or over to join its ranks and take part in an upcoming pr
IF YOU have ever fancied singing on stage then an opportunity to join one of the oldest operatic societies in the country could be just your thing.
Hitchin Thespians are looking for singers aged 16 or over to join its ranks and take part in an upcoming production of Joseph Haydn's oratorio Creation.
Rehearsals for the show, which is a musical interpretation of the biblical story about the creation of the Earth and Man, began on Tuesday and the concert itself will be held at St Mary's Church in Hitchin in April, with the help of The Aurelian Orchestra.
The society is over 100 years old and currently has over 400 members and patrons from across North Herts.
You may also want to watch:
Once someone becomes a member they are able to take part in any choral production and can audition for any of the shows the society presents.
The choir meets every Tuesday at 7.45pm in Woodside Hall, Walsworth Road, Hitchin.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 9 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 10 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
For more information, call 01462 458803 or email firstname.lastname@example.org