Call to get in tune with operatic society
IF YOU have ever fancied singing on stage then an opportunity to join one of the oldest operatic societies in the country could be just your thing. Hitchin Thespians are looking for singers aged 16 or over to join its ranks and take part in an upcoming pr
IF YOU have ever fancied singing on stage then an opportunity to join one of the oldest operatic societies in the country could be just your thing.
Hitchin Thespians are looking for singers aged 16 or over to join its ranks and take part in an upcoming production of Joseph Haydn's oratorio Creation.
Rehearsals for the show, which is a musical interpretation of the biblical story about the creation of the Earth and Man, began on Tuesday and the concert itself will be held at St Mary's Church in Hitchin in April, with the help of The Aurelian Orchestra.
The society is over 100 years old and currently has over 400 members and patrons from across North Herts.
You may also want to watch:
Once someone becomes a member they are able to take part in any choral production and can audition for any of the shows the society presents.
The choir meets every Tuesday at 7.45pm in Woodside Hall, Walsworth Road, Hitchin.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
For more information, call 01462 458803 or email firstname.lastname@example.org