By George, double delight as New Town Centres album is launched at Hitchin’s Club 85
- Credit: Archant
Fancy a trip to savour what the New Town Centres have to offer tomorrow night?
That’s not a suggestion to tour the likes of Stevenage, Harlow or even Milton Keynes – the location involved is Hitchin where the band of that name, above, will be officially releasing a new double album.
Chris Smith on vocals, Jan Bednarz and Mike Makins on guitars, Mike Lukey on keyboards, Paul Cooper on bass and Richard Hodgson on drums will be at the town’s Club 85 on for a St George’s Day celebration of their eponymously-title second release, which features striking cover artwork by former North Herts College David Timoney, whose creations are much prized by Doctor Who fans.
The album will be available at a bargain rate on the night, and the band is planning a string of gigs throughout the year to support the release with fingers crossed for a bumper crowd at their hometown gig.
Also on the bill are FS1E, who are influenced by reggae, punk and prog rock, and Stevenage mod/psychedelic rock quartet The Mynd Set.
You may also want to watch:
Promoter Roger King said: “The show falling on St George’s Day was a happy coincidence but the bands lend themselves to a celebration of English rock music. You’ll be able to spot influences from The Beatles to Arctic Monkeys, with mod, ska, psychedlia and so much more.”
Doors open at 7.45pm with music from 8.30pm, it’s £5 before 8.30pm and £6 after.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 7 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 8 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak