Buzzcocks star Sean’s helping pack up Market’s Hitchin comedy ‘stall’ before a move next door
- Credit: Archant
One of comedy’s elder statesmen will be helping the young whippersnappers at Hitchin’s Mostly Comedy wrap up their residency at the town’s Market Theatre next week.
In the new year Glyn Doggett and David Ephgrave’s monthly gig will move next door to the Sun Hotel, but for the last show of 2015 they’re welcoming Sean Hughes into the spotlight.
He may not thank you for bringing up his past as an elfin team captain in the early days of TV music quiz Never Mind The Buzzcocks – since winning the prestigious Perrier award at Edinburgh back in 1990 he’s also starred in his own series and established a reputation as one of our most thoughtful and provocative stand-ups. And he’s not that elfin any more...
Joining him on stage will be Canadian stand-up Katharine Fern, who has been based in the UK since last year and is known for a confessional and brutally honest storytelling style.
Linking it all together as usual will be Glyn and David, and although the show is already sold out there’s always the chance of returns – put your name down on the door after 8.30pm next Thursday, November 10.
You may also want to watch:
The bar opens at 8.15pm and the first act takes to the stage at 9.15pm.
And if you don’t manage to get a ticket you can always listen in to the podcast the tech-savvy duo compile with each month’s star turn.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
Just log on to www.doggettandephgrave.co.uk and follow your nose – the latest instalment featuring magic and comedy legend Paul Daniels and the lovely Debbie McGee is well worth a listen.