Buzzcocks star Sean’s helping pack up Market’s Hitchin comedy ‘stall’ before a move next door
- Credit: Archant
One of comedy’s elder statesmen will be helping the young whippersnappers at Hitchin’s Mostly Comedy wrap up their residency at the town’s Market Theatre next week.
In the new year Glyn Doggett and David Ephgrave’s monthly gig will move next door to the Sun Hotel, but for the last show of 2015 they’re welcoming Sean Hughes into the spotlight.
He may not thank you for bringing up his past as an elfin team captain in the early days of TV music quiz Never Mind The Buzzcocks – since winning the prestigious Perrier award at Edinburgh back in 1990 he’s also starred in his own series and established a reputation as one of our most thoughtful and provocative stand-ups. And he’s not that elfin any more...
Joining him on stage will be Canadian stand-up Katharine Fern, who has been based in the UK since last year and is known for a confessional and brutally honest storytelling style.
Linking it all together as usual will be Glyn and David, and although the show is already sold out there’s always the chance of returns – put your name down on the door after 8.30pm next Thursday, November 10.
You may also want to watch:
The bar opens at 8.15pm and the first act takes to the stage at 9.15pm.
And if you don’t manage to get a ticket you can always listen in to the podcast the tech-savvy duo compile with each month’s star turn.
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing Hitchin woman?
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 8 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 9 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 10 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school
Just log on to www.doggettandephgrave.co.uk and follow your nose – the latest instalment featuring magic and comedy legend Paul Daniels and the lovely Debbie McGee is well worth a listen.