Bruvver, it’s Joe!
PROLIFIC musician Joe Brown will be performing along with his Bruvvers and newest band member, son Pete, at The Gordon Craig Theatre next Thursday, February 7. This year marks Joe s 50th year in entertainment and he is undoubtedly one of Britain s most ac
PROLIFIC musician Joe Brown will be performing along with his Bruvvers and newest band member, son Pete, at The Gordon Craig Theatre next Thursday, February 7.
This year marks Joe's 50th year in entertainment and he is undoubtedly one of Britain's most acclaimed and enduring musicians.
Expect timeless classics, country, folk, electric rock 'n' roll, along with Joe's effervescent delivery and humorous reminisces.
He said: "We do a bit of everything. We try to keep it interesting with stuff people expect but also new stuff. It's a juggling act.
You may also want to watch:
"I love it. I've got to love it because you have got to practice a lot, all the time. It's the tenacity that gets you there."
Joe plays various instruments including guitar, mandolin and mandola.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
"My favourite instrument is the guitar", he said. "We all use string instruments but we colour it with different tones, like a mandolin.
"It's just good, happy music and we try to enjoy ourselves. It's very important. What we wouldn't want to do is troll out the same stuff every day. We have to move on with our music and evolve.
"The highlight of my career is the time I'm having now. We just do theatres and we have control over the routine."
The concert starts at 7.45pm and tickets, at £19.50 or £18 for concessions, are available from the box office on 08700 131 030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk