Bruvver, it’s Joe!
PROLIFIC musician Joe Brown will be performing along with his Bruvvers and newest band member, son Pete, at The Gordon Craig Theatre next Thursday, February 7. This year marks Joe s 50th year in entertainment and he is undoubtedly one of Britain s most ac
PROLIFIC musician Joe Brown will be performing along with his Bruvvers and newest band member, son Pete, at The Gordon Craig Theatre next Thursday, February 7.
This year marks Joe's 50th year in entertainment and he is undoubtedly one of Britain's most acclaimed and enduring musicians.
Expect timeless classics, country, folk, electric rock 'n' roll, along with Joe's effervescent delivery and humorous reminisces.
He said: "We do a bit of everything. We try to keep it interesting with stuff people expect but also new stuff. It's a juggling act.
You may also want to watch:
"I love it. I've got to love it because you have got to practice a lot, all the time. It's the tenacity that gets you there."
Joe plays various instruments including guitar, mandolin and mandola.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
"My favourite instrument is the guitar", he said. "We all use string instruments but we colour it with different tones, like a mandolin.
"It's just good, happy music and we try to enjoy ourselves. It's very important. What we wouldn't want to do is troll out the same stuff every day. We have to move on with our music and evolve.
"The highlight of my career is the time I'm having now. We just do theatres and we have control over the routine."
The concert starts at 7.45pm and tickets, at £19.50 or £18 for concessions, are available from the box office on 08700 131 030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk