Bruce Springsteen: We Shall Overcome
The number 21 might be associated with coming of age – the milestone of maturity, dignity and the ability to hold your beer – but, as anyone will tell you, the above are optional at best. But Springsteen s 21st album proper, a tribute to leading folkie Pe
The number 21 might be associated with coming of age - the milestone of maturity, dignity and the ability to hold your beer - but, as anyone will tell you, the above are optional at best.
But Springsteen's 21st album proper, a tribute to leading folkie Pete Seeger, manages the first two whilst soundtracking a drink-sodden ho-down.
A top-notch and super-tight ensemble have been gathered for this rocking, cherry-picking ride through folk classics.
Double bass, violin, piano, accordion, harmonica, banjo and brass are expertly marshalled to give the impression of ramshackle get-together with mates, yet remain pin-sharp.
You may also want to watch:
But it's Springsteen's trademark growl that imbues it with a timeless, fiery soul.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 7 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof