Bruce Springsteen: We Shall Overcome
The number 21 might be associated with coming of age – the milestone of maturity, dignity and the ability to hold your beer – but, as anyone will tell you, the above are optional at best. But Springsteen s 21st album proper, a tribute to leading folkie Pe
The number 21 might be associated with coming of age - the milestone of maturity, dignity and the ability to hold your beer - but, as anyone will tell you, the above are optional at best.
But Springsteen's 21st album proper, a tribute to leading folkie Pete Seeger, manages the first two whilst soundtracking a drink-sodden ho-down.
A top-notch and super-tight ensemble have been gathered for this rocking, cherry-picking ride through folk classics.
Double bass, violin, piano, accordion, harmonica, banjo and brass are expertly marshalled to give the impression of ramshackle get-together with mates, yet remain pin-sharp.
You may also want to watch:
But it's Springsteen's trademark growl that imbues it with a timeless, fiery soul.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral