Gallery's challenge makes your Comet a work of art!
- Credit: Supplied by Broadway Gallery
A new weekly art challenge has been launched with the Comet playing a starring role in the first one.
Broadway Gallery has started 'The Letchworth Open Challenges'.
These form part of the arts centre's diverse programme of digital events and activities for its current exhibition, The Letchworth Open.
The first challenge asked people to get creative with scissors, glue and a copy of the Comet to make a collage.
We were so impressed with the range of beautiful designs submitted to the Comet Collage Challenge that we’ve printed our favourites here.
It really is amazing what can be created with just one issue of our paper and some creative inspiration.
Expertly explained by Letchworth artist Mollie McLellan, the weekly challenge videos are easy to follow and do not require any specialist art materials.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 8 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 9 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
Open to anyone to take part, no matter your age or artistic experience, The Letchworth Open Challenges are a great activity to keep your creativity flowing and brighten your mood during lockdown.
Week two's challenge is the '3 Colour Portrait Challenge' or, if your children – or you – prefer cut and paste to pencil and paint, why not also try the Comet Collage Challenge?
Every week the gallery team will set a new challenge, each inspired by one of the 300 artworks in the gallery's current show.
Follow @broadwaygallery on Instagram to be the first to find out about the new challenge each week, and go to their YouTube channel to see all the challenges so far.