Gallery's challenge makes your Comet a work of art!
- Credit: Supplied by Broadway Gallery
A new weekly art challenge has been launched with the Comet playing a starring role in the first one.
Broadway Gallery has started 'The Letchworth Open Challenges'.
These form part of the arts centre's diverse programme of digital events and activities for its current exhibition, The Letchworth Open.
The first challenge asked people to get creative with scissors, glue and a copy of the Comet to make a collage.
We were so impressed with the range of beautiful designs submitted to the Comet Collage Challenge that we’ve printed our favourites here.
It really is amazing what can be created with just one issue of our paper and some creative inspiration.
Expertly explained by Letchworth artist Mollie McLellan, the weekly challenge videos are easy to follow and do not require any specialist art materials.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 7 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
Open to anyone to take part, no matter your age or artistic experience, The Letchworth Open Challenges are a great activity to keep your creativity flowing and brighten your mood during lockdown.
Week two's challenge is the '3 Colour Portrait Challenge' or, if your children – or you – prefer cut and paste to pencil and paint, why not also try the Comet Collage Challenge?
Every week the gallery team will set a new challenge, each inspired by one of the 300 artworks in the gallery's current show.
Follow @broadwaygallery on Instagram to be the first to find out about the new challenge each week, and go to their YouTube channel to see all the challenges so far.