Broadway date for Vermeer’s iconic painting opens Letchworth season
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth’s Broadway Cinema is noted for its ‘non-movie’ offerings, including lectures, talks and live streamed highbrow opera and ballet events.
And the 2015 season of ‘art exhibitions on screen’ begins next Tuesday, January 13, with an examination of Jan Vermeer’s iconic Girl With A Pearl Earring.
The Flemish master’s 17th century portrait is one of the most enduring paintings in the history of art, yet it is surrounded in mystery.
This new documentary looks at the many unanswered questions associated with this extraordinary piece. Who was this girl? Why and how was it painted? Why is it so revered?
The show begins at 6.45pm with a complimentary drink, and you can book £15 tickets online at broadway-cinema.com.
Future dates for art-lovers include Van Gogh – A New Way Of Seeing (Tuesday, April 14) and The Impressionists (Tuesday, May 26).
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service