Broadway date for Vermeer’s iconic painting opens Letchworth season
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth’s Broadway Cinema is noted for its ‘non-movie’ offerings, including lectures, talks and live streamed highbrow opera and ballet events.
And the 2015 season of ‘art exhibitions on screen’ begins next Tuesday, January 13, with an examination of Jan Vermeer’s iconic Girl With A Pearl Earring.
The Flemish master’s 17th century portrait is one of the most enduring paintings in the history of art, yet it is surrounded in mystery.
This new documentary looks at the many unanswered questions associated with this extraordinary piece. Who was this girl? Why and how was it painted? Why is it so revered?
The show begins at 6.45pm with a complimentary drink, and you can book £15 tickets online at broadway-cinema.com.
You may also want to watch:
Future dates for art-lovers include Van Gogh – A New Way Of Seeing (Tuesday, April 14) and The Impressionists (Tuesday, May 26).
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 5 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker