Broadway date for Vermeer’s iconic painting opens Letchworth season
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth’s Broadway Cinema is noted for its ‘non-movie’ offerings, including lectures, talks and live streamed highbrow opera and ballet events.
And the 2015 season of ‘art exhibitions on screen’ begins next Tuesday, January 13, with an examination of Jan Vermeer’s iconic Girl With A Pearl Earring.
The Flemish master’s 17th century portrait is one of the most enduring paintings in the history of art, yet it is surrounded in mystery.
This new documentary looks at the many unanswered questions associated with this extraordinary piece. Who was this girl? Why and how was it painted? Why is it so revered?
The show begins at 6.45pm with a complimentary drink, and you can book £15 tickets online at broadway-cinema.com.
You may also want to watch:
Future dates for art-lovers include Van Gogh – A New Way Of Seeing (Tuesday, April 14) and The Impressionists (Tuesday, May 26).
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 7 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 8 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 9 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 10 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day