Broadway comes to Broadway in last Letchworth show
THE best of Broadway comes to Broadway next week in the last public performance before an entertainment venue closes for refurbishment.
The Young Arcadians will be the last live act to take to the stage at Plinston in Letchworth GC with a night of sing-along songs that have graced Broadway musicals.
The group of Letchworth-based youngsters will be belting out songs from Oliver!, Legally Blonde, Shrek, Annie, Carousel, Oklahoma!, Glee and Hairspray to name but a few during three consecutive nights from next Thursday, February 16, to Saturday, February 18.
Performing with a live band which features young musicians from the area led by musical director Wesley Hughes, Broadway on Broadway will be directed by Heather Kynnersley, who was once a Young Arcadian herself.
Speaking to Venue, Heather said: “Everyone will recognise songs from Oliver!, Oklahoma! and Les Miserables, but we’ve also got some great numbers from relatively new musicals, such as Hairspray, Legally Blonde and Wicked.
“There are some fun, lively numbers as well as beautifully sung ballads, so there really is something for everyone. We’ve also incorporated the Carousel ballet and a fantastic dance number from Billy Elliot as we’ve got some brilliant dancers in the group.
“We feel very privileged to be the last group to perform at the Plinston. It’s a fantastic venue and has been home to the Young Arcadians shows right from the beginning – almost 25 years now.”
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 7 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 8 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 9 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 10 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
Each show will start at 7.30pm, with a matinee performance on Saturday at 2.30pm.
Tickets are priced at �11 or �9 concessions. To book call 01462 453801.