Broad range of laughs at Stevenage comedy club
AN ENGLISHMAN, an Irishman, a Scotsman and a Canadian will be sharing a stage on Saturday for a night of gags galore.
Hailing from Nova Scotia in Canada, JJ Whitehead tops the bill for Jesterlarf Comedy Club with his edgy delivery and unique perspective which has already bagged him the BBC Comedy Award and earned him a place on the Edinburgh Writers Guild Award shortlist.
Dougie Dunlop started his career at the The Stand in his hometown Edinburgh, where he has headlined the Big Value comedy package show at the Caf� Royal for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Since his debut solo show in 2007, the Scot continues to go from strength to strength.
London-based Julian Deane is also a relative newcomer to the comedy scene performing his first gig in 2005, but has since been named the best new comedian of the year by the Comedy Caf� in London in 2007, and won the 2010 Laughing Horse New Act of the Year competition.
John Ryan completes the line-up with his acerbic wit and seemingly encyclopaedic knowledge of the world around him to keep any audience on their toes. His mix of gags inspired by his current East End home and his Irish upbringing means few subjects are off limits.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the show, which kicks off at 8.30pm, cost �12.50. Call 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk to book.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations
- 10 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running