Broad range of laughs at Stevenage comedy club
AN ENGLISHMAN, an Irishman, a Scotsman and a Canadian will be sharing a stage on Saturday for a night of gags galore.
Hailing from Nova Scotia in Canada, JJ Whitehead tops the bill for Jesterlarf Comedy Club with his edgy delivery and unique perspective which has already bagged him the BBC Comedy Award and earned him a place on the Edinburgh Writers Guild Award shortlist.
Dougie Dunlop started his career at the The Stand in his hometown Edinburgh, where he has headlined the Big Value comedy package show at the Caf� Royal for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Since his debut solo show in 2007, the Scot continues to go from strength to strength.
London-based Julian Deane is also a relative newcomer to the comedy scene performing his first gig in 2005, but has since been named the best new comedian of the year by the Comedy Caf� in London in 2007, and won the 2010 Laughing Horse New Act of the Year competition.
John Ryan completes the line-up with his acerbic wit and seemingly encyclopaedic knowledge of the world around him to keep any audience on their toes. His mix of gags inspired by his current East End home and his Irish upbringing means few subjects are off limits.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the show, which kicks off at 8.30pm, cost �12.50. Call 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk to book.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?