Britain’s Got Talent ventriloquist comes to Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A ventriloquist is bringing his UK tour to Stevenage next Sunday.
Fresh from his appearance in the finals of last year’s series of Britain’s Got Talent (BGT), Steve Hewlett will bring his personal brand of comedic puppetry to the Gordon Craig Theatre - featuring impressions of celebrity personalities and his own original creation - Arthur Lager.
Steve said: “I’ve been a ventriloquist for nearly 27 years now. I started learning when I was 12. The skill of ventriloquism for me is the easy part, the writing and being original is the hardest, I work on material live on stage.
“I have had a gag in the act for 10 years and suddenly added to it one night as an adlib and it made the gag better, you never stop writing. For me this is a challenge that I love.”
Speaking about his experience on the ITV reality show, he said: “My family, friends, Facebook & Twitter fans were amazing support to me through it all, even the people working on the show, Ant & Dec, The researchers and other acts were all brilliant to me willing me on.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted BGT to bring me a Tour. I performed in Pontins to about 2,000 people per night last summer and they were amazing for me. I have 30 dates in Butlins booked and I did an Easter Tour with Paul Daniels & Debbie Magee on the South Coast but my own show is my passion.”
The show starts at 7.45pm on June 25. Tickets cost £17 or £15 for concessions. Visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition