Britain’s Got Talent band from Letchworth split-up
- Credit: Archant
A BAND who appeared on hit TV show Britain’s Got Talent has split up.
Josh Clarke, from Blonde Louis, along with his three friends Harvey Downes, 21, Jack Cherry, 22, and Jack Cox, 20, all from Letchworth GC, impressed judges Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams, receiving four ‘yes’ votes. They performed their song Dirty, which they wrote in Josh’s garage on the Jackman’s Estate in Letchworth GC, on ITV2’s spin-off Britain’s Got More Talent.
But on Monday, Josh Clarke announced on twitter that the band had split.
The 22-year-old said: “It ground to a halt really because our bass guitarist (Jack Cherry) was going to London to do a year’s masters. So we agreed to a hiatus until next summer.
“It is not the end, it was a good time for us to spread out and to work with new people. I am looking at doing some songwriting and producing, and maybe work with other artists.”
Josh, who completed a degree in commercial music at the University of Westminster this summer and wants to pursue a music career, described the bands music as a cross between guitar pop and pop rock.
The group has been together for the past 10 years and met while at The Highfield school, Josh said that they would remain close friends.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
Josh who described Britain’s got Talent as “an amazing and a crazy experience” posted on his twitter account: “Sad to see that huge part of my life @blondelouis have split, a truly brilliant band that deserved success. Thanks for the memories boys.”