Britain’s Got Talent band from Letchworth split-up
- Credit: Archant
A BAND who appeared on hit TV show Britain’s Got Talent has split up.
Josh Clarke, from Blonde Louis, along with his three friends Harvey Downes, 21, Jack Cherry, 22, and Jack Cox, 20, all from Letchworth GC, impressed judges Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams, receiving four ‘yes’ votes. They performed their song Dirty, which they wrote in Josh’s garage on the Jackman’s Estate in Letchworth GC, on ITV2’s spin-off Britain’s Got More Talent.
But on Monday, Josh Clarke announced on twitter that the band had split.
The 22-year-old said: “It ground to a halt really because our bass guitarist (Jack Cherry) was going to London to do a year’s masters. So we agreed to a hiatus until next summer.
“It is not the end, it was a good time for us to spread out and to work with new people. I am looking at doing some songwriting and producing, and maybe work with other artists.”
You may also want to watch:
Josh, who completed a degree in commercial music at the University of Westminster this summer and wants to pursue a music career, described the bands music as a cross between guitar pop and pop rock.
The group has been together for the past 10 years and met while at The Highfield school, Josh said that they would remain close friends.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
Josh who described Britain’s got Talent as “an amazing and a crazy experience” posted on his twitter account: “Sad to see that huge part of my life @blondelouis have split, a truly brilliant band that deserved success. Thanks for the memories boys.”