Brian and Lloyd sharing top spot on comedy bills
- Credit: Archant
It’s titter tour time again for the Lastminute Comedy team, with gigs set up for Baldock, Letchworth and Hitchin to shine the spotlight on a cornucopia of comic talent.
First up next Thursday, February 5, there’s a triple bill booked in at the Orange Tree pub in Norton Road, Baldock.
Scottish circuit stalwart Brian Higgins – @gingercomedian is his Twitter handle, so you can tell he hails from north of the border – is joined by Dave Green and Nico Yearwood on what compere Paul B. Edwards is expecting to be a big night – well, it is his birthday.
He’s grimly expecting to be nursing a sore head the following day when he shifts his comic circus to Hitchin for the regular Lastminute night at the Woodside Hall in Walsworth Road.
That will see Dave and Nico joined by Rhod Gilbert’s best mate, the lugubrious Lloyd Langford, who is interrupting his current tour to fit in a rare club set.
And the weekend is completed on Saturday at Letchworth Arts Centre, when Brian is back as top dog with Dave and Nico again providing support. Doors open for all shows at 7.30pm with the comics on stage from 8.30pm.
It costs £10 to get in, or £8 if you’re a member, and it’s turn up and take your chances at both Baldock and Hitchi. You can book in advance for Letchworth – check out www.letchwortharts.org or call 01462 670788 in office hours, Monday to Friday. Find out more about what Paul has in store online at www.lastminutecomedy.com.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown