Brian and Lloyd sharing top spot on comedy bills
- Credit: Archant
It’s titter tour time again for the Lastminute Comedy team, with gigs set up for Baldock, Letchworth and Hitchin to shine the spotlight on a cornucopia of comic talent.
First up next Thursday, February 5, there’s a triple bill booked in at the Orange Tree pub in Norton Road, Baldock.
Scottish circuit stalwart Brian Higgins – @gingercomedian is his Twitter handle, so you can tell he hails from north of the border – is joined by Dave Green and Nico Yearwood on what compere Paul B. Edwards is expecting to be a big night – well, it is his birthday.
He’s grimly expecting to be nursing a sore head the following day when he shifts his comic circus to Hitchin for the regular Lastminute night at the Woodside Hall in Walsworth Road.
That will see Dave and Nico joined by Rhod Gilbert’s best mate, the lugubrious Lloyd Langford, who is interrupting his current tour to fit in a rare club set.
You may also want to watch:
And the weekend is completed on Saturday at Letchworth Arts Centre, when Brian is back as top dog with Dave and Nico again providing support. Doors open for all shows at 7.30pm with the comics on stage from 8.30pm.
It costs £10 to get in, or £8 if you’re a member, and it’s turn up and take your chances at both Baldock and Hitchi. You can book in advance for Letchworth – check out www.letchwortharts.org or call 01462 670788 in office hours, Monday to Friday. Find out more about what Paul has in store online at www.lastminutecomedy.com.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer