Boss takes his crew to new heights
THIS page has seen many interviews, from Chico to Charlotte Collingwood. But it s time to shake things up a bit this week and look at a genre that has a huge following in its own right. This week it s time to interview a jungle MC that has branched out in
THIS page has seen many interviews, from Chico to Charlotte Collingwood. But it's time to shake things up a bit this week and look at a genre that has a huge following in its own right.
This week it's time to interview a jungle MC that has branched out into many areas within the urban jungle.
MC Boss, representing the Super Raggo crew, said: "I've been MC-ing for over 13 years now. Originally I started out as a jungle MC in the early 90s, however I evolved into an all rounder - MC-ing on garage, bashment, hip hop and grime beats.
His dad was a reggae, roots and culture DJ and his mum was a singer so music was the obvious route.
"I'm here doing my thing, cos I was born to do this," he said.
"I formed the Raggo crew in the mid 90s, we consist of around eight members, plus!
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 5 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 8 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
"We all help to promote our establishment. My two DJs are DJ Mystro and DJ Shawn-E who have both been DJ-ing for over 10 years.
"The other members include Palma, Boyo, Super Av, Smooth Criminal, Scarface, Hawkeye, Youngy and Spook Man.
"We have built up a big following over the years by performing in clubs all around the country, also by playing on local and London radio stations.
"And we have appeared at events like Sun City, Garage Nation and Sidewinder, to name a few.
"We always play for the people - we bring music, vibes, stamina and nuff energy!"
They have recently appeared alongside Chris Goldfinger and have been on tour with Ice and Styling car modification crew at shows up and down the country.
The group play at Orchid Wine Bar in Hitchin from 8pm-1am on Fridays, have a weekly Sunday afternoon radio show on Perception 102.4FM and have an under-18s night, 'Absolutely Boomin', lined up for April 14 at Bowes Lyon, Stevenage.
The crew also hold regular over 18's 'Raggo Experience' nights, one of which is currently being planned for May to celebrate their 10th anniversary.
As for the future?
"Me and my Super Raggo are just going to keep doing what we are doing, but always doing it better than before!"
To check out news of MC Boss's album due out in April, for more information or to contact the crew go to www.myspace.com/mcboss man, www.myspace.com/superrag go, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07856164805 to join the mailing list.