Booker T booked for Rhythm Fest
STAX superstar Booker T has been announced as a headline act at Rhythm Festival.
The Hammond organ maestro and leader of one of the funkiest bands on the planet – The MGs will be at Old Warden Park on the Saturday of the August Bank Holiday weekender.
Backed by his full American band, Booker T Jones will be bringing his immense back catalogue of tracks including the classic Green Onions, the fantastic Northern Soul favourite Melting Pot and cricket anthem Soul Limbo.
Also on Saturday night will be the unlikely supergroup King Mob made up of original Sex Pistol bassist Glen Matlock, Pretenders drummer Martin Chambers, Sharks vocalist Stephen W Parsons and cult guitarist Chris Spedding.
More acts announced include Boomtown Rats, The Groundhogs, Captain Sensible Band, Hank Wangford And The Lost Cowboys, The Magic Tombolinos, Eddie And The Hot Rods, Delroy Williams And The Junction Band, Swans in Flight, Attila The Stockbrocker, Macavity’s Cat and Virgil And The Accelerators.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are on sale now at www.rhythmfestival.com
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour