Booker T booked for Rhythm Fest
STAX superstar Booker T has been announced as a headline act at Rhythm Festival.
The Hammond organ maestro and leader of one of the funkiest bands on the planet – The MGs will be at Old Warden Park on the Saturday of the August Bank Holiday weekender.
Backed by his full American band, Booker T Jones will be bringing his immense back catalogue of tracks including the classic Green Onions, the fantastic Northern Soul favourite Melting Pot and cricket anthem Soul Limbo.
Also on Saturday night will be the unlikely supergroup King Mob made up of original Sex Pistol bassist Glen Matlock, Pretenders drummer Martin Chambers, Sharks vocalist Stephen W Parsons and cult guitarist Chris Spedding.
More acts announced include Boomtown Rats, The Groundhogs, Captain Sensible Band, Hank Wangford And The Lost Cowboys, The Magic Tombolinos, Eddie And The Hot Rods, Delroy Williams And The Junction Band, Swans in Flight, Attila The Stockbrocker, Macavity’s Cat and Virgil And The Accelerators.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are on sale now at www.rhythmfestival.com
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing Hitchin woman?
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 8 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 9 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 10 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school