Book yourself a free ticket as Paul sets out on UK tour with a Letchworth date
- Credit: Archant
Paul Armfield should feel right at home when he plays a free gig at Letchworth’s David’s Bookshop on Monday evening.
Although he’s now a travelling troubadour, Paul spent 20 years running a bookshop on the Isle of Wight before deciding to concentrate on music full time.
He’d already built himself a name with audiences in Europe but now he’s looking to boost his profile in the UK.
He’s already appeared at the Eastcheap shop as part of Record Shop Day performances in the summer, and he went down so well that he was booked to return for one of only four dates in his first UK tour.
Paul, who has an impressive list of high-profile fans including BBC 6 Music’s Lauren Laverne and columnist and commentator Caitlin Moran, said: “In advance of a full tour later in the year to promote my next record, I’m doing a few intimate solo shows to test the water with new material as well as selections from my back catalogue.”
The new release. Up Here, is Paul’s fifth album and it features the literate and well crafted songs which are his trademark, and which have won plaudits from experts in the field like Chris Difford from Squeeze and Elbow front man Guy Garvey.
The show starts at 7.30pm and although there’s no admission charge a hat will be passed around for donations.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash