Book: The Make: Jessie Keane
Jessie Keane returns with her fourth novel about murder, loyalty and vengeance.
Life is good for Gracie Doyle. She runs her own casino in Manchester and is kept busy.
But when police turn up at her door and tell her that her two estranged brothers have been viciously attacked and that one is still missing, everything changes.
Revisiting her London roots, Gracie finds out that her brothers have been leading an unsavoury lifestyle, which has landed them in big trouble with the wrong people.
By no means a literary classic, but good for an easy and entertaining read.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 8 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof