Book: The Make: Jessie Keane
Jessie Keane returns with her fourth novel about murder, loyalty and vengeance.
Life is good for Gracie Doyle. She runs her own casino in Manchester and is kept busy.
But when police turn up at her door and tell her that her two estranged brothers have been viciously attacked and that one is still missing, everything changes.
Revisiting her London roots, Gracie finds out that her brothers have been leading an unsavoury lifestyle, which has landed them in big trouble with the wrong people.
By no means a literary classic, but good for an easy and entertaining read.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet