Book: The Make: Jessie Keane
Jessie Keane returns with her fourth novel about murder, loyalty and vengeance.
Life is good for Gracie Doyle. She runs her own casino in Manchester and is kept busy.
But when police turn up at her door and tell her that her two estranged brothers have been viciously attacked and that one is still missing, everything changes.
Revisiting her London roots, Gracie finds out that her brothers have been leading an unsavoury lifestyle, which has landed them in big trouble with the wrong people.
By no means a literary classic, but good for an easy and entertaining read.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 10 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal