Bonfire Night: Where you can watch the fireworks in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Fireworks will light up the sky above Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth this Sunday, November 5.
Bonfire Night is expected go off with a bang, and here we shed light on three major displays for the area which all take place on the same evening.
Stevenage’s annual effort will once again take place at Fairlands Valley Park.
For residents of the town, the display in the park off Six Hills Way and Fairlands Way starts at 7.30pm and is free to attend.
Stevenage Borough Council’s website states: “You will be able to see the display from all parts of Fairlands Valley Park, so you can come into the park from any entrance.”
You may also want to watch:
There is free parking available in Fairlands Valley Showground, opposite Stevenage FC’s stadium in Broadhall Way.
After no major Hitchin town centre display last year on Bonfire Night, Hitchin Priory will host a beer tent, bonfire and much more.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
Organised by Hitchin BID alongside community company Ladder 87 – owners of much-loved Hitchin fire engine Dennis – and Skyfiller Fireworks, tickets are on sale now.
Adult tickets cost £6 each in advance, with under-14s at £3 each, and a £14 family ticket offered for two adults and two under-14s – please check availability and outlets online. VIP tickets for private seating, a Hermitage Rd hot chocolate and brownie are £20.
You can also pay on the gate from 5pm. Adults tickets on the night will be £8, under-14s £5 and family £20.
The family fireworks display will start at 7pm and is in support of the Kawasaki Kid. For more about the fireworks, see ladder87company.com and www.hitchinfireworks.co.uk.
Over in Letchworth, Herts FA’s County Ground in Baldock Road once again hosts the town display – taking place for the 33rd time.
The charity event organised by Letchworth & Baldock Lions Club will see gates open at 5.30pm, ahead of a 7pm start.
Hot food and a bar will be available for refreshments.
Advance tickets are £5 for adults and £4 for under-16s.
Tickets on the gate will cost £7 for adults and £6 for under-16s.
Tickets are available from David’s Bookshop in Eastcheap, Letchworth town centre.
There is a crowd limit, so pre-booking is advised.
See letchworthandbaldocklions.co.uk/events for more details.