BONFIRE NIGHT ROUND-UP: Fireworks set to go off with a bang across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Expect plenty of fireworks over the next week as the annual festivities go off with a bang.
Letchworth Garden City & Baldock Lions Club will spark things off this Sunday for their 30th anniversary display at the Herts FA County Ground in Baldock Road, Letchworth.
Doors open at 5.30pm for a 7pm start with money raised going to Garden House Hospice, as well as Keech Hospice Care.
Advanced tickets are available at David’s Music Shop in Eastcheap priced at £4 for adults and £3 for under 16s, and are an extra pound on the night.
Hitchin, Stevenage and Stotfold all host displays on Guy Fawkes Night itself, with the former taking place at Blueharts Hockey Club in Lucas Lane.
Gates open at 6.45pm on Wednesday night with fireworks from 8pm. It’s £7 for adults and £5 for under 14s, with a family ticket for four on offer for £20.
Stevenage’s free display at Fairlands Valley Park starts from 7.30pm, while the bonfire will be lit at Stotfold FC’s Roker Park at 7pm with fireworks following half an hour later. Adults £5, children £2.50 and family ticket £12.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 6 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 7 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
Pirton Recreation Ground hosts the village’s event on November 8. Gates open at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm display. Adult entry is £5, under 16s £2 and free for pre-school children.