BONFIRE NIGHT ROUND-UP: Fireworks set to go off with a bang across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Expect plenty of fireworks over the next week as the annual festivities go off with a bang.
Letchworth Garden City & Baldock Lions Club will spark things off this Sunday for their 30th anniversary display at the Herts FA County Ground in Baldock Road, Letchworth.
Doors open at 5.30pm for a 7pm start with money raised going to Garden House Hospice, as well as Keech Hospice Care.
Advanced tickets are available at David’s Music Shop in Eastcheap priced at £4 for adults and £3 for under 16s, and are an extra pound on the night.
Hitchin, Stevenage and Stotfold all host displays on Guy Fawkes Night itself, with the former taking place at Blueharts Hockey Club in Lucas Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at 6.45pm on Wednesday night with fireworks from 8pm. It’s £7 for adults and £5 for under 14s, with a family ticket for four on offer for £20.
Stevenage’s free display at Fairlands Valley Park starts from 7.30pm, while the bonfire will be lit at Stotfold FC’s Roker Park at 7pm with fireworks following half an hour later. Adults £5, children £2.50 and family ticket £12.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 8 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 9 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
Pirton Recreation Ground hosts the village’s event on November 8. Gates open at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm display. Adult entry is £5, under 16s £2 and free for pre-school children.