BONFIRE NIGHT ROUND-UP: Fireworks set to go off with a bang across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Expect plenty of fireworks over the next week as the annual festivities go off with a bang.
Letchworth Garden City & Baldock Lions Club will spark things off this Sunday for their 30th anniversary display at the Herts FA County Ground in Baldock Road, Letchworth.
Doors open at 5.30pm for a 7pm start with money raised going to Garden House Hospice, as well as Keech Hospice Care.
Advanced tickets are available at David’s Music Shop in Eastcheap priced at £4 for adults and £3 for under 16s, and are an extra pound on the night.
Hitchin, Stevenage and Stotfold all host displays on Guy Fawkes Night itself, with the former taking place at Blueharts Hockey Club in Lucas Lane.
Gates open at 6.45pm on Wednesday night with fireworks from 8pm. It’s £7 for adults and £5 for under 14s, with a family ticket for four on offer for £20.
Stevenage’s free display at Fairlands Valley Park starts from 7.30pm, while the bonfire will be lit at Stotfold FC’s Roker Park at 7pm with fireworks following half an hour later. Adults £5, children £2.50 and family ticket £12.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
Pirton Recreation Ground hosts the village’s event on November 8. Gates open at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm display. Adult entry is £5, under 16s £2 and free for pre-school children.