Bond-themed music evening in Baldock
A NORTH Herts-based band will be playing a Bond-themed gig this weekend, to mark the launch of their charity single.
Mr Speaker will be at The Orange Tree in Baldock on Saturday, for Mr Speaker Presents...Blood Runs cold.
It follows the launch of their charity single of the same name, which was written by the band to accompany a friend’s screenplay based on the characters found in the Bond novels.
The band also raised money for MS Trust through a charity Christmas song last year.
Tom Donovan, the band’s vocalist and pianist, said: “Yet again, we are really pleased to be supporting a great charity and doing our little bit. More great work from Dale Chapman at London Road Recording Studio in Baldock has helped us create a really powerful sounding James Bond theme that we’re all really pleased with.”
You may also want to watch:
The Bond-themed night will include a performance from the band, plus live James Bond music and a performance of screenplay Blood Runs Cold, featuring some special guests.
Although entry is free to the event, the band is asking for a donation to Mencap.
- 1 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 2 'Staff working in schools are terrified' - headteacher pleads for COVID-19 vaccine
- 3 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 4 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 5 Body found in search for missing woman
- 6 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 7 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 8 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
Meanwhile, you can download the single.