Bollywood heroes and villains party night coming to Hitchin
- Credit: Amandeep Dhillon
A special Bollywood party night is coming to Hitchin.
Put on your dancing shoes at Osinsky's in Market Place for a Bollywood Heroes & Villains night on Friday, October 18.
It is the first of many exciting South Asian arts and culture events organiser Amandeep Dhillon has planned for Hertfordshire.
"Growing up and living locally, I have always felt there has been a lack of South Asian arts and cultural events in north Hertfordshire," said Amandeep, events manager at Tongues on Fire, UK Asian Film Festival.
"This is surprising considering there is a large South Asian community here.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to host South Asian events with an aim to entertain and educate, supporting local talent and bring together a diverse community."
The Osinsky's event will feature DJ Arvee playing a mix of Bhangra, Bollywood, RnB and hip hop, Dhol drum player Dholi AJ, and University of Hertfordshire's celebrated Bhangra Team.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
Additionally, included in the ticket price of £12 (subject to booking fee) is a selection of Indian street food, glitter henna art, a selfie station, an award for the best dressed Bollywood hero, villain or Halloween costume, and much more.
Tickets are available by advance booking only.
The evening is supported by the Jaskomal Foundation - Give Hope a Life, raising awareness and education concerning stem cell transplants and to increase the donor register list.