Bollywood heroes and villains party night coming to Hitchin
- Credit: Amandeep Dhillon
A special Bollywood party night is coming to Hitchin.
Put on your dancing shoes at Osinsky's in Market Place for a Bollywood Heroes & Villains night on Friday, October 18.
It is the first of many exciting South Asian arts and culture events organiser Amandeep Dhillon has planned for Hertfordshire.
"Growing up and living locally, I have always felt there has been a lack of South Asian arts and cultural events in north Hertfordshire," said Amandeep, events manager at Tongues on Fire, UK Asian Film Festival.
"This is surprising considering there is a large South Asian community here.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to host South Asian events with an aim to entertain and educate, supporting local talent and bring together a diverse community."
The Osinsky's event will feature DJ Arvee playing a mix of Bhangra, Bollywood, RnB and hip hop, Dhol drum player Dholi AJ, and University of Hertfordshire's celebrated Bhangra Team.
- 1 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 2 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 5 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 6 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 7 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 8 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
Additionally, included in the ticket price of £12 (subject to booking fee) is a selection of Indian street food, glitter henna art, a selfie station, an award for the best dressed Bollywood hero, villain or Halloween costume, and much more.
Tickets are available by advance booking only.
The evening is supported by the Jaskomal Foundation - Give Hope a Life, raising awareness and education concerning stem cell transplants and to increase the donor register list.