Bollywood heroes and villains party night coming to Hitchin
- Credit: Amandeep Dhillon
A special Bollywood party night is coming to Hitchin.
Put on your dancing shoes at Osinsky's in Market Place for a Bollywood Heroes & Villains night on Friday, October 18.
It is the first of many exciting South Asian arts and culture events organiser Amandeep Dhillon has planned for Hertfordshire.
"Growing up and living locally, I have always felt there has been a lack of South Asian arts and cultural events in north Hertfordshire," said Amandeep, events manager at Tongues on Fire, UK Asian Film Festival.
"This is surprising considering there is a large South Asian community here.
"I would like to host South Asian events with an aim to entertain and educate, supporting local talent and bring together a diverse community."
The Osinsky's event will feature DJ Arvee playing a mix of Bhangra, Bollywood, RnB and hip hop, Dhol drum player Dholi AJ, and University of Hertfordshire's celebrated Bhangra Team.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 8 End of an era? Future of Crucial Crew scheme relies on new co-ordinators
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
Additionally, included in the ticket price of £12 (subject to booking fee) is a selection of Indian street food, glitter henna art, a selfie station, an award for the best dressed Bollywood hero, villain or Halloween costume, and much more.
Tickets are available by advance booking only.
The evening is supported by the Jaskomal Foundation - Give Hope a Life, raising awareness and education concerning stem cell transplants and to increase the donor register list.