Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith
WE RE back in Botswana for another instalment in McCall Smith s Number One Ladies Detective Agency series. Precious Ramotswe and her assistant Mma Makutsi have another collection of interesting problems to solve. There is a doctor who may be cheating his
WE'RE back in Botswana for another instalment in McCall Smith's Number One Ladies' Detective Agency series.
Precious Ramotswe and her assistant Mma Makutsi have another collection of interesting problems to solve.
There is a doctor who may be cheating his patients, a cook who is stealing food and a case of blackmail.
On the personal front, Precious goes on a diet and Mma Makutsi is afraid she might have frightened away her fiancée.
Once again, McCall Smith paints up a humorous and lyrical picture of Botswana and presents us with some delightful characters.
An enchanting book which you will want to re-read.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 5 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 6 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 7 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 What's the future Queen doing in a sandpit in Hertfordshire?
Thanks to Ottakar's of Stevenage 3/5