Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith
WE RE back in Botswana for another instalment in McCall Smith s Number One Ladies Detective Agency series. Precious Ramotswe and her assistant Mma Makutsi have another collection of interesting problems to solve. There is a doctor who may be cheating his
WE'RE back in Botswana for another instalment in McCall Smith's Number One Ladies' Detective Agency series.
Precious Ramotswe and her assistant Mma Makutsi have another collection of interesting problems to solve.
There is a doctor who may be cheating his patients, a cook who is stealing food and a case of blackmail.
On the personal front, Precious goes on a diet and Mma Makutsi is afraid she might have frightened away her fiancée.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, McCall Smith paints up a humorous and lyrical picture of Botswana and presents us with some delightful characters.
An enchanting book which you will want to re-read.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
Thanks to Ottakar's of Stevenage 3/5