Black Night? No, Purple’s hits will fill Club 85 in this rare outing
- Credit: Archant
If you want to savour some Smoke On The Water sensations next week, don’t even think about heading to Montreux
on the Lake Geneva shoreline – you want to be in Hitchin.
24 Carat Purple, formed by North Herts-based Garry Randall and billed as the UK’s leading Deep Purple tribute band, are only performing one gig this year – and it’s at Club 85 on Friday, October 10.
There will be support from Hitchin-based down and dirty blues band Sidewinder for a night of massive metal, with the headliners summoning up the spirit of one of the best live acts ever to fill a stadium.
You can be sure hits like Highway Star, Burn, Child In Time, Black Night and, of course, Smoke On The Water will be on the set list.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at the Whinbush Road venue at 7.45pm, tickets are £6 in advance and £8 on the door.
The gig is open to anyone aged 16 or over but photo ID will be needed.
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing Hitchin woman?
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 8 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 9 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 10 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school