Black Night? No, Purple’s hits will fill Club 85 in this rare outing
- Credit: Archant
If you want to savour some Smoke On The Water sensations next week, don’t even think about heading to Montreux
on the Lake Geneva shoreline – you want to be in Hitchin.
24 Carat Purple, formed by North Herts-based Garry Randall and billed as the UK’s leading Deep Purple tribute band, are only performing one gig this year – and it’s at Club 85 on Friday, October 10.
There will be support from Hitchin-based down and dirty blues band Sidewinder for a night of massive metal, with the headliners summoning up the spirit of one of the best live acts ever to fill a stadium.
You can be sure hits like Highway Star, Burn, Child In Time, Black Night and, of course, Smoke On The Water will be on the set list.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at the Whinbush Road venue at 7.45pm, tickets are £6 in advance and £8 on the door.
The gig is open to anyone aged 16 or over but photo ID will be needed.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs