Black Night? No, Purple’s hits will fill Club 85 in this rare outing
- Credit: Archant
If you want to savour some Smoke On The Water sensations next week, don’t even think about heading to Montreux
on the Lake Geneva shoreline – you want to be in Hitchin.
24 Carat Purple, formed by North Herts-based Garry Randall and billed as the UK’s leading Deep Purple tribute band, are only performing one gig this year – and it’s at Club 85 on Friday, October 10.
There will be support from Hitchin-based down and dirty blues band Sidewinder for a night of massive metal, with the headliners summoning up the spirit of one of the best live acts ever to fill a stadium.
You can be sure hits like Highway Star, Burn, Child In Time, Black Night and, of course, Smoke On The Water will be on the set list.
Doors open at the Whinbush Road venue at 7.45pm, tickets are £6 in advance and £8 on the door.
The gig is open to anyone aged 16 or over but photo ID will be needed.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?