Birthday open day for art gallery
A GALLERY is celebrating its fifth anniversary by holding an open day.
The Copper Beech Art Gallery in Little Wymondley will host the event from 10am to 4pm on Saturday, June 9, where a number of artists will be exhibiting and talking about their work.
Having starting painting a new body of work, resident artist Jean Picton will be having a studio clearance with all her works half price during the event. Jean has sold art as far afield as New Zealand and is one of four UK artists to put together an exhibition of English flowers at the Commonwealth Institute celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Louise Shotter will also be showcasing her latest work and has created a new style of animal portraits for the open day, while sculpture canvases by Louise Saville include one which depicts Stevenage FC’s recent success.
There will also be a chance to enjoy a free glass of Pimms, as well as cakes and nibbles at the gallery, located at Wymondley Hall Farm in Priory Lane.
Gallery owner Fran Hale, who opened a vintage tea room earlier this year, said: “Come along and meet many of our artists and watch some of them demo-ing on the day while enjoying a cool glass of Pimms and nibbles on us.
“We very much hope you can come along to our open day and join in the fun.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash