Birthday open day for art gallery
A GALLERY is celebrating its fifth anniversary by holding an open day.
The Copper Beech Art Gallery in Little Wymondley will host the event from 10am to 4pm on Saturday, June 9, where a number of artists will be exhibiting and talking about their work.
Having starting painting a new body of work, resident artist Jean Picton will be having a studio clearance with all her works half price during the event. Jean has sold art as far afield as New Zealand and is one of four UK artists to put together an exhibition of English flowers at the Commonwealth Institute celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Louise Shotter will also be showcasing her latest work and has created a new style of animal portraits for the open day, while sculpture canvases by Louise Saville include one which depicts Stevenage FC’s recent success.
There will also be a chance to enjoy a free glass of Pimms, as well as cakes and nibbles at the gallery, located at Wymondley Hall Farm in Priory Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Gallery owner Fran Hale, who opened a vintage tea room earlier this year, said: “Come along and meet many of our artists and watch some of them demo-ing on the day while enjoying a cool glass of Pimms and nibbles on us.
“We very much hope you can come along to our open day and join in the fun.”
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth