Big band comes to Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A big band show comes to Hitchin tonight (Thursday).
The Five Star swing band comes to the Queen Mother Theatre from 7.30pm.
The band features members such as MIchael Innes - a former trombonist for Tony Bennett - and Jazz FM regular Chris Smith.
Chris, a pianist and trumpet player, said: “It’s great that there’s a strong resurgence in Jazz and Swing music, enjoyed by all generations, mainly thanks to artists such as Robbie Williams, Jamie Cullam and Michael Buble. We’re looking forward to bringing the show to the town.”
Chris’ varied career includes performances on Top of the Pops and BBC Breakfast TV with Herb Miller (brother to Glenn).
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £13 or £12 for concessions. Contact the theatre on 01462 455166 for more information.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 5 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 9 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 10 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits