Big band comes to Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A big band show comes to Hitchin tonight (Thursday).
The Five Star swing band comes to the Queen Mother Theatre from 7.30pm.
The band features members such as MIchael Innes - a former trombonist for Tony Bennett - and Jazz FM regular Chris Smith.
Chris, a pianist and trumpet player, said: “It’s great that there’s a strong resurgence in Jazz and Swing music, enjoyed by all generations, mainly thanks to artists such as Robbie Williams, Jamie Cullam and Michael Buble. We’re looking forward to bringing the show to the town.”
Chris’ varied career includes performances on Top of the Pops and BBC Breakfast TV with Herb Miller (brother to Glenn).
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £13 or £12 for concessions. Contact the theatre on 01462 455166 for more information.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 NHS staff offered free massages as thank you for pandemic efforts